November 2013 Moms

Who else is still a virgin?

bglovesbabykbglovesbabyk member
edited January 2014 in November 2013 Moms
That's basically what I feel like at this point. We haven't done the deed since about July or August, I really can't remember at this point. My body is ready and I've had an IUD in for two weeks. I am not really sure how to get our groove back. Neither of us will initiate because sleep just sounds so much better and that makes me sad. Anyone else in this boat? Any advice on how to get it back? I think it's going to take a large bottle of wine at this point, one bottle for myself that is.
Edit: I'm typing while pretending to work out.

Re: Who else is still a virgin?

• Yup.. Same boat.. But I'm very frustrated with DH lately and that's not helping my mood..
  • Me. Yes. Right here.

I thought the polar vortex days would mean some fun sexy time. Instead it meant DH and I would awkwardly try to DTD on the couch, laughing at how we were in the same position (literally) 10wks ago when I was the size of a whale trying to get the LO out! Right on cue he started crying and that was that. I'm starting to think my vajay doesn't exist anymore!!!
    imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Yep, same here. We've done it twice, just no time and sleep wins. It's bound to change soon... I hope!
    -Jenn Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup! It's bad. We have once since LO was born (3 weeks ago maybe?) and before that we hadn't DTD since I was 20 weeks pregnant.
    I had an abruption with DS2 so we were both too paranoid that something bad would happen if we did while I was pregnant.
    Add PPD/PPA ( which is finally getting better. Thanks Wellbutrin!) and a colicky baby that is never in bed before midnight, and yeah sleep wins.
    I feel bad about it, but not bad enough to put forth more effort just yet.

Feb Siggy Challenge

If you were a cookie, 
you'd be a whoreo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have successfully DTD once at 9 weeks PP (after several painful failed attempts, and When I successful I mean he came and I could tolerate it without crying.) I was so anxious and just wanted to "get it over with" and felt that sex would make me feel healed and back to normal. Well, now it's done, and I'm over it. I'm not feeling especially sexy in my new mommy body, sex was still uncomfortable and not pleasurable, and frankly sleep sounds way better than sex at this point.
  • We finally DTD for the first time a couple of days ago.  Ever since DS was done, we basically plan it in advance - "let's try for tomorrow during nap time".  Not that romantic and spontaneous, but it's a heck of a lot more likely to happen that way!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We DTD last week at about 8 weeks PP.  Try not to stress about it, I think a lot more people are in the same boat.  I don't really have a next time on my radar.  We're just both too tired, and we're okay with that for now.
  • Like @shanbp, we had a crazy fun sex life as well.  We have DTD a few times in the 4 weeks since I've been cleared.  Wine helped a LOT.  Otherwise, I'm too damn tired after working all day, taking care of the house, cooking, cleaning, getting everything ready for work the next day, spending time with DD and having a few minutes to watch tv.

• I'm a DTD Whore! I couldn't wait the whole 6 wks, I caved to my own desires at 5 weeks. I admitted it to the doc at my pp appt and she didn't flinch. We DTD at least once a week(still not enough for my liking). We don't DTD at night though. We are middle of the day during nap time people. But what can I say, I like sex.

This, however I did wait and we do at least 3 times a week. I am back on a "break" again for 4 weeks since my gallbladder surgery and I am so sad:(
  • Sex? What's that? I don't remember. I think I had an immaculate conception.
    At least that's how it feels! We have tried and i'm just so not into it and then it hurts. Ugh
    @alexisjo88 I need some of your mojo girl!

• In our case DH has the drive and I didn't, but I started reading some erotica during free time (naps, happy playing etc) and that has actually helped a lot In Getting my drive back.
  • We've only done it about 4 times since LO was born, Oct 30th. DH has a pretty stressful job so luckily for me he's not in the mood a lot, and I'm too tired.
  • I am embarrassed to say that we haven't DTD since DD was born. I'm 9 weeks pp. I was cleared at my 6 wk appointment but am still waiting to hear if my insurance covers the para guard. We both hate using condoms but are willing to use them in the meantime but we keep forgetting to pick some up! It's so sad, we are so busy working, taking care of the house and LO that we don't ever have time or don't feel like it when we do anyway.
  • Last time we did it, I went into labor. So it's been 12 weeks lol. Does this mean I'm re-virginized?

• It's been 12 weeks here...and I still really have no desire. *shrug* 

• Well, glad I'm not the only one with no sex life. It really makes me wonder how some people have tons of kids. They just must be some horny bastards!
  • Same here, I'm just to afaid it will hurt. After reading a few post on here I'm hella scared. DH isn't too pushy and we co sleep so, who knows when it will happen. #sorryimnotsorry
  • 10 weeks pp and nope.. I don't even have the slightest interest and DH is getting frustrated.. But I'm so exhausted! And sleep is just better in my book.. Our sex life has never been good though.. Hopefully it'll get good once I get some of a drive back.
  • Kfran84 said:
    We do it once a week... and I'm scared of getting KTFU each and every time. Haaaa
    This.  I thought I was scared of accidentally getting KTFU in college or before we were "ready".  I can't even imagine with a 9 week old at home.
  • Ok. We finally DTD last night. It wasn't great, but it didn't hurt like I thought it might. Just glad we're back in the saddle so to speak. We joked and laughed through the whole thing and it was awesome and hilarious. :)

Atta girl!!!
  • bglovesbabykbglovesbabyk member
    edited February 2014
    Why is my husband watching this video on YouTube right now? I'm scared!! Is he trying to say something? This is not how I wanted it to happen! [-X
  • Uh, what? We are both exhausted so that doesn't help. I'm nervous to try. My delivery left me torn and still not healed at six weeks. I'm afraid that it's going to hurt like hell and I'm not feeling so sexy with my saggy boobs and belly. I think DH is afraid to hurt me too. It'll happen, not sure I want to rush it.
    KBCrawford 11/29/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"