September 2013 Moms

No Naps at Daycare?

LO has been at daycare about 3 weeks and he barely naps there at all.  He has never been a great napper, more of a cat napper.  But he has always taken one for at least 20 minutes every couple of hours.  Last Thursday he literally slept 0 minutes at day care.  The last few days he's gotten 1 nap for 15 and 20 minutes.  Anyone else having this problem?  We've brought in a sleep sack like he wears at home, I've showed them how I put him down, we increased his bottle size (EBF), he has his pacifier.... I am at a loss.  We have always had him nap in the light and not tried to be super quiet so he'd be prepared for day care.  At home he has actually started consolidating his naps and sleeping longer on weekends.  

I am considering going over once during the day and putting him down myself to see if he'll go down for me.  That is the only thing I can think of.  Any other suggestions? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No Naps at Daycare?

•       My lo is having a similar issue. He has been at his new daycare for month and has had trouble since he started there. He mostly catnaps at daycare. Once a week we may have a good nap day. I think there is just so much going on he doesn't want to miss out. At home he naps much better and we do keep a light on and don't try to be quiet. His new daycare is in a bigger room and has 10 babies in one room. There are more activity bouncers, books, toys and things to look at. (I like the new place much better) I think all things combined makes him want to stay up.

Most afternoons when I pick him up around 4 he is playing and laughing and excited to see me. I put him in the car and 10 min later when we get home he is asleep. I get him at 4:00 and he goes down for bed between 7:30 -8:30. I will get about an hour to an hour and a half of wake time every evening. :(  I don't know if there is really anything to fix it because he is not extra fussy at daycare or home, he just sleeps more at home than there.
  • LO is the same way at daycare too. I'm thinking it is because there are a lot of distractions for her and she is engaged with play and that is more interesting than sleep. I am bummed that the second she is in her carseat she falls asleep on the drive home. I feel we don't get a lot of awake time together since I've gone back to work so I make the most of our mornings and the weekends.  

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"