September 2013 Moms

Mommy instinct

It always amazes me how many stories I hear of moms just knowing something was wrong with their baby even when people said differently. Well now I experienced it myself. If you guys remember we took Zoe to the ER on Monday night and she tested negative for everything. But yesterday she was really off, so cranky, restless sleep and just not my baby that I'm used to. So we brought her to the ER again at 3am last night. They saw how hard she was breathing and re tested her for viruses. Turns out she tested positive for 2 cold viruses and her oxygen levels had dropped. So we got admitted. She's now on oxygen and IV fluids and they keep draining her nostrils and mouth from mucus. Looks like we may be spending another night here. In a way I feel relieved that they can finally tackle the issues but so so hard seeing my baby getting pocked and pricked again and again. I almost threw up myself I was so upset. Just hoping she gets better soon so we can take her home.

Re: Mommy instinct

• Oh mama I'm sorry. I hope for a quick recovery ....poor baby but good work!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Sorry to hear you're back at the hospital, but it's probably the best place for her to get the care she needs.  Good for you for trusting your instincts and going back - you're doing a great job!  Hope she feels better soon, poor little thing.

E was in the hospital for a night with jaundice and dehydration when he was 4 days old and it was so hard to watch him get poked a ton and they also had to put an IV drip in his little head!  So I know it's hard, but hopefully this stuff works and you are both home soon!
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Loading the player...
  • Aww @AlejandraN2 you and poor Zoe girl have been through the ringer. Hoping things get better soon and stay that way!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hope she gets well soon. She is lucky to have a mom like you.
  • So sorry to hear that! Hoping your LO has a speedy recovery. Good thing you took your LO back and got her checked out again. As someone who has gone through a similar situation, I can say, from now on you will forever trust that instinct!
  • I'm sorry she's still sick hope they figure it out

• Poor little munchkin! I'm glad you trusted your instincts. Never doubt your mommy gut. I hope your sweet baby feels better and you can take her home soon!
  • Good job Mama. I hope they figure everything out.  >:D<
  • Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • I hope she gets better very soon, hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I'm sorry she is sick. I hope she is better soon. T's and Ps for your family.
  • Oh, no! Glad you listened to your gut, and hope she is better (for good!) soon!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I'm sorry. I hope she feels better soon!
  • Thanks ladies! We're still here and will probably stay for at least another night. My baby's so sad...she keeps looking at us like she's asking for help. I miss her smiles and giggles so much. I know this is to get her better but it's so hard!
  • I'm so glad you brought her back in. I hope she's out of there and feeling better really soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm glad that you have an answer. Hopefully she recovers soon!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• GL I hope your LO gets well quickly!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"