August 2013 Moms
Options

Awake time

edited January 2014 in August 2013 Moms
Now that our LOs are around 6 months and more active, how long does your LO go between naps (on average)?

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Awake time 148 votes

1-2 hours
14% 21 votes
2-3 hours
50% 74 votes
3-4 hours
16% 24 votes
4-5 hours
0% 1 vote
Still no consistent napping here
16% 25 votes
SS
2% 3 votes

Re: Awake time

• Options
    Sometimes shorter for the first nap, but generally 2.5 hours.
  • Options
    We were going 2 hours but this week he seemed to stretch out to 2.5 hours. He is awake for three hours before bed.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd say anywhere between 2-3.5 hours.

• Options
    Lorjo2022Lorjo2022 member
    edited January 2014
    I voted 2-3 hours. DS is a late august babe so he's coming up on 5 months but he'll go atleast two hours.

Eta spelling is hard
  • Options
    Yikes. Mine only goes about 1.5 hrs

• Options
    It varies...anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hrs. I've realized she won't nap if its too soon...so I watch her cues more than the clock.
  • Options
    I find when we are out or have a few activities lined up, he stays awake longer. If we are just at home he gets "bored" with his surroundings and seems tired sooner.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I voted SS because it seems to vary. LO consistently does a morning nap about 2 hours after she wakes up, but her afternoon naps depend on what we're doing. Sometimes she's up for 4+ hours (like today); other times, it's more like 3 hours.

• Options
    Someone here posted about the 2 - 3 - 4 schedule and we totally unintentionally do that. She is usually awake for 2 - 3 - 3.5. It works awesome.

• Options
    2 hours, max 2.5 at a time. She naps consistently 1.5-2.5 hours. She's awake longest in the morning before her first nap.
  • Options
    She usually has a first 2 hour stretch, then a 3 hour stretch followed by another 3 hour stretch.

That being said there are days that she's gone 8 hours without sleeping and we're both exhausted, but neither of us can sleep. I have to take care of her, what's her excuse?!

• Options
    I selected 3-4hours but it chose 4-5 hours. Lately she will sometimes stay awake for 5 hours but it's because she won't sleep due to her teething issues. Then it's not pretty to get her to nap after that.
  • Options
    Usually 1.5-3.5 depends on the time of day and where he is.. Home he likes to nap, out and about sleeps away in his seat, at day care nope a couple tiny cat naps, and they wonder why I say he doesn't need to get into eating the frozen BM everyday he needs more sleep
  • Options
    Usually an hour after she first wakes up in the morning and then I wait for her cues (rubbing eyes) and then she goes down for a nap. It's usually about every three hours.
  • Options
    I was the 100th vote in the poll. Do I win a prize?

She doesn't have much of a schedule, but she usually takes a couple of short naps during the day around midmorning and early afternoon. Sometimes I wish she napped longer during the day, but then I think of her nice long overnight stretch and I count my blessings.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is teething as of now but what's crazy is she's sleeping more. Usually she'll go 3-4 hrs of awake time but she sleeps 7+ a night (straight through). This week it's only been 2-3 hrs and when she's awake she's fussy.

Had our precious baby girl, Little Miss E, on August 14, 2013  143 → I.love.you.

photo newb_zps36c606c5.gif

• Options
    Usually around 2 hours
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"