November 2013 Moms

Help!!

DH just went down in the basement to put something in our deep freezer and he said its not working right and all my milk has partially melted. So it's still cold and partly frozen. What do I do!? Do I have to trash it? I'm going to cry.

Re: Help!!

• This happened to me, luckily it was when LO was a few weeks old and I didn't have a huge stash, but we called the LC and she said that if it started to thaw that it should be used within 24hrs. :-( we have LO a few bottles that day and I pumped to replace those feeds and started a new stash. It is truly a terrible feeling! So sorry this happened to you!
  • Oh they are ruined. I just went down there to check myself. They are completely melted. DH thought the thick part of the milk was ice. FML!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh! That's heartbreaking!!
  • Thanks ya'll, it's so sad. I feel like someone close to me died. At least I still have my upstairs freezer stash, but that's only about 10 bags.
  • I am so sorry this happened to you and your stash!
  • I'm so sorry!!! =(
  • Sad! I hope it doesn't take too long to build it back up and that you can get the freezer fixed! :(
    Anniversary
  • Oh no! :( So

sorry that happened! Did you get the freezer fixed?

Thanks. The freezer was brand new so we think it is something to do with the outlet, not the freezer itself. Our washer and dryer is in the basement too, so maybe it's just too much going on from that one power source. We've got it running again and I will just go down and check it daily from now on.

I'm not going back to work so I didn't need it for child care, thank goodness, but it still sucks! I hate it when DS leaves one ounce in the bottle that I have to toss.

Thanks for the supportive words y'all!
  • Aw sorry!! That totally sucks! I hope that doesn't happen again :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"