December 2012 Moms

So what's your LO throwing a tantrum about these days? :)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: So what's your LO throwing a tantrum about these days? :)

• Hmmm we see tantrums about... the dog brushed him, he can't reach his toy, you handed him the toy instead of letting him get it for himself, he's thirsty, you handed him water instead of juice, you picked him up, put him down, said No to playing/sitting in the dog water dish... The sky is blue, etc.

Thankfully no screaming, just a huffing noise or he'll throw his head back & groan (which is hilarious when he's standing & does it & falls on his butt instead). He does throw toys occasionally and food when he gets in a snit during mealtimes.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How dare we throw away the dirty diapers! Seriously she's obsessed.
    She gets mad when there's something other than the baby channel on, even though she isn't even watching.
    She wants to use real cups. We won't let her go through the pantry, big brother took the Lego away, we opened the banana/cheese stick/water bottle, won't let her throw every single item she finds into the bath tub, won't let her play with the card machine at te store, picked her nose, acknowledge she's pooping....
    She yells, cries, throws stuff, hits, blows a raspberry, give dirty looks, tells you no while pointing at you...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Any time that we tell her no these days, there are tears.  Last night, she was taking food off her tray and dropping it on the floor.  I said no (without raising my voice) and gave her the unhappy look.... HUGE tears.  We've gotten to the point where we tell her to stop faking it and sort of ignore it.  Mostly, she'll stop after she realizes that she's not getting what she wants (which is almost always being picked up and carried around). 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Let's see, pretty much same as all of you.  If we tell her no, throw anything away, don't let her play in the garbage, take her away from the cat food/water, change the channel, etc...everything is drama!  And she has the whole back arching, yelling, throwing herself down and throwing anything she can get her hands on. 

We pretty much ignore it and just make sure she's not hurting herself.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• They hate getting their diapers changed after a nap these days. I figure it's b/c they aren't eating much (both are sick) so they wake up starving and wanting their bottles right away, but as soon as I lay them down on the changing table, it's back-arching, tear-fest. Singing "Old MacDonald" still seems to work to calm them down....that song hypnotizes them lol.

They've also had some tense moments with each other lately....heaven forbid they both want the same toy, or one baby is standing in the way of where the other wants to go....frustration builds pretty quickly....again, doesn't help that they're under the weather these days.
  • We get them for all of the above- basically if we're trying to keep him safe or out of the cat food, he loses his shiz!  Full on scream, back arch and that boneless thing they do. 
  • Lord, the first time she did it, I stopped dead in my tracks and could only stare at, who had clearly become, the SADDEST BABY IN THE WORLD.  She just sits down and boo-hoo-hoos with a bit of screeching thrown in for good measure.  What she wants is to be picked up and carried around everywhere, or out of her high chair, or not to have her poopy diaper changed, or not to be on the couch or to be on the couch or both simultaneously.  Sheesh.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today it was bc I wouldn't let him pull knives out of the dishwasher. What a horrible mother!

He also throws a fit any time he sees my phone and doesn't get the see it. I let him play with the fisher price pas once in a while, and they are like baby crack. He knows the phone now and wants it immediately. God help me if I try to make a phone call. Bluetooth is a godsend. 
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At this point, I think the list of things she DOESN'T throw a tantrum about is shorter....she knows the things we don't want her playing with, and those are her favorite. We've been stuck in the house today since it's bloody cold and my car got stuck at my Mom's house yesterday (Dad had to give me a ride home since he has 4 wheel drive)....her trick-of-the-day has been to go in the dining room, pick up one of her Daddy's tennis shoes, yell "dada" and bring it to me...the problem is, the shoe is usually in her mouth by the time she gets to me...how dare I not let her chew on a dirty shoe! She also wanted to take every single tissue out of the tissue box and doesn't understand why I won't let her and why I put the tissue box where she can no longer get to it- I must be the meanest mom in the whole wide world!!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• DD throws a tantrum and cries when all the milk runs out of her straw cup like it is the end of the world, which is new for us. She also arches her back from the carseat and anytime you try to lie her down. This is especially true when DH tries to hold her like a little baby, she hates it. Last time at the pedi, they put her on the scale and she arched her back so her feet wouldn't hang of the edge, it looked so funny. The nurse was like, "hmm, I've never seen a kid do that before." 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • raraavis28raraavis28 member
    edited January 2014
    Oh here's something new....Noah threw one of his blocks onto the couch where he couldn't reach it. He reacted by throwing himself onto the floor and biting the carpet! WTH kid?? These babies have both Irish and Italian in them, so we might be in for some tempers....
    :-S
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"