August 2013 Moms

Weight Loss Wednesday

How did everyone do this week?

Set backs/accomplishments?

Bonus: What's your vice? That one thing that you struggle with the most?

Re: Weight Loss Wednesday

• I'll start.

I hopped on the scale this morning and it said I gained 7 pounds this week. I just about had a heart attack. Turns out I actually need to calibrate my scale before stepping on it. Once adjusted, I lost a pound. It's not terrible, but definitely not as much as I was hoping for.

Like I said in my "Wtf?" I had a bad week and used that to justify my binge eating all weekend. I need more self control. No excuses for eating like crap!

My vice is definitely coke. I have a really, really hard time giving it up every time I try to lose weight. If it's in the house, I'll drinking. I've limited myself to "only when we eat out" now. Here's hoping I can stick to that for now.

• Loading the player...
  • @mommabmb That's awesome!!! You'll be at your goal in no time at that rate. I might just have to steal your plan from you...

• edited January 2014

How did everyone do this week?

I didn't weigh myself this week. Honestly, the rising number on the scale from the past few weeks makes me not want to track weight loss too often.

Set backs/accomplishments?

Accomplishment - 1 full month with no soda. That's a BIG deal for me (I could drink 2 2-liters a day by myself). Now the soda craving is finally gone. The first week was hell, but I'm ok now.

Set back - I still don't snack properly. I've gotten much better with my meals, thanks to help from @mommabmb. I just need to work on my snacks. I find myself going to the vending machine at work too much. I'm trying to be mindful of that and start packing healthy snacks to bring, just like I bring my lunch.

Bonus: What's your vice? That one thing that you struggle with the most?

I struggle the most with fast food. It convenient and fast! Bad thing is, I'm choosing the wrong options. I'm counting calories now to make myself aware of that. For instance, I love burritos from Chipotle and had convinced myself that they were healthy. I looked at their nutrition facts online. One freaking burrito, with the toppings I add, is almost 950 calories!!!!!!!!! Trust me, I'm staying away from those now.

ETA: I feel sick just thinking about the burritos! I was eating those for dinner. Imagine eating 950 calories, then going to sleep. Yuck! No wonder I was getting fat!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I lost 3.4 pounds at WW last Thursday, which felt good.

Goals I've met: Walked every day on lunch. Said I would allow myself 1 fast-food meal in the week, and I actually ate none.

Goals I didn't meet: Avoid alcoholic beverages--had a cocktail.

My vice is social eating. If we go out to dinner with friends or to parties, I go in with my plan but never stick to it. :(  The Super Bowl on Sunday will be a challenge, for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This week was going well until I got a nasty cold. Good thing it's the "rest week" on P90x so I don't have to be jumping around and trying to work up a sweat while I have a terrible cough and a runny nose!
    Accomplishments: getting to the fourth week of P90x and no quitting on my mind!
    Setback: me and LO being sick. I'm worn out!
    Vice: chocolate
  • Marvel1013Marvel1013 member
    edited January 2014
    It says I've lost 1 pound this week but I FEEL like I'm gaining it. I feel floppy, does that make sense.. Ugh. I need to work on my diet though. I have been having a drink or so a night, but for personal reasons I have cut that out.

Can I say motivation is my problem? I lack it. I get in a funk sometimes and don't feel like doing anything. With a toddler that's hard because he has a lot of energy and needs me.

Eta-vice would be anything that's considered a dessert
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Meal plan: done. Starting Advocare 24 day challange tomorrow!
    Getting a jogging stroller on Saturday, and a hiking backpack today. Already have a hike planned for Friday at a local nature preserve.
    Planning on starting workouts with yoga stretching for a week & slow jogs before going into the gym. I want to be able to slowly build up to where I was before and not be super sore.

Vice: husbands meat and potato fascination. The meat is good: grilled fresh steaks. But the sides are so bad! Fully loaded potatoes, Mac & cheese, bread. And I'll eat it all. A ton of food in one delicious sitting.
  • I'm excited to be able to join this group.

Me and my DH decided to get in shape together! We started Monday. We weighed in and took photos. We are starting out with the 30 day shred. So far so good. We are actually having a lot of fun together. It's nice to get some us time together too!

My vice would have to be all things with cheese, chocolate, or bread! Can't. Stop. Eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • roxpink said:

I'm excited to be able to join this group.

Me and my DH decided to get in shape together! We started Monday. We weighed in and took photos. We are starting out with the 30 day shred. So far so good. We are actually having a lot of fun together. It's nice to get some us time together too!

My vice would have to be all things with cheese, chocolate, or bread! Can't. Stop. Eating.

Taking pictures is a good idea. I might use that one. It would be good motivation, the thing I lack
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • How did everyone do this week? Great, preparing myself to get started on my weight loss! New to the weight loss group, doing WW and looking forward to getting back to a healthy me!

Set backs/accomplishments? Ate all of my favorite treats throughout the house because I knew this day was coming!! Lol. Also finally started tracking on WW online after joining a few weeks ago.

Bonus: What's your vice? That one thing that you struggle with the most? Cheese and ice cream...not together!! :-)
  • This week has been botched, badly. My set backs was my lack of motivation and excuses. I basically made excuses every day. Today is a new day/new week. It also helps when I write in my journal what I ate and count my calories, which I haven't been doing. Hoping reading some of your accomplishments will motivate me as well. You ladies are awesome :) 

My vice is junk food. DH is a serial snacker (soda, chips, popcorn, candy, cookies). It's like a death sentence for me. If it's in the house.. I'll eat it. It's no fun. I really need to gain some self control. 

• Well, I just officially started so I have no progress to report yet. I did however bust out my 30 day shred dvd and attempted to do it monday. I only made it through 1 circuit before I about died. I expected this though. You have to start somewhere right?
    My goal is to make it to two circuits by next week and the full workout (level1) by the 3rd week. I'm shooting for 10ish pounds a month. It's ambitious I know. My reward for making it the first month is going to be a new dress for Lo's baptism.  FX I make it b/c this momma has nothing appropriate that fits.
    I'm only 3 pounds more than I was at my first pg appointment. So, that part is gone. Now I need to work on the 50ish pounds I gained in the 4 years my back was f-ed up before my surgery. 

My vice is definitely sweets, bread and pizza. God I love pizza and cookies! And motivation to workout. I'm so tired today. Does sex count as a workout? Dh can home yesterday and we celebrated last night...and this morning.  So bloody tired but yay! :-bd
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • roxpink said:

I'm excited to be able to join this group.

Taking pictures is a good idea. I might use that one. It would be good motivation, the thing I lack
    This is what I started doing this time around too. I took a "before" picture on the 8th of January along with my stats for that day (weight and measurements). I plan to do the same on the 8th of each month until I reach my goal. Then all you poor people have to look at them all on Facebook.

• How did everyone do this week:
    I did okay! I'm working on portion control. (I have a tendency to overeat 1-2 times a day rather than eating frequent small meals.) I would eat a little bit and wait 20 minutes before eating a little more. It worked. :) I ate significantly less and more frequently which is kinder to my metabolism.

I have decided to worry about "pants size" more than weight for right now. I will get back on the scale soon, but I found worrying about weight is making me stressed where as, "my pants are less snug" is more observational. (This may potentially be idiotic, but whatever.)

With that said - my favorite pair of jeans seems slightly less snug and I feel less "puffy".

Set backs:
    My supply took a hit because I was ill for 2 weeks. I had tried a lot to increase my supply and finally my LC was like, just sit back and be a warthog for a day, eat and pump and nothing else - and she was right. It worked like a charm. But didn't do much for my weight loss, I'm sure. :)

Bonus: My vice is totally ice cream... preferably in a waffle cone. Sooooo wonderful.

• I am doing pretty good. I didn't pay too much attention to points this weekend because I was at my parents with no car. I ate as healthy as I could and really paid attention to portions.

I weighed today and I've lost 10lbs since 2 weeks ago! I'm really proud of myself.

Setbacks would be I drank too much wine Saturday, then wanted to eat everything in sight on Sunday. Damn you booze.

My vice would be macaroni and cheese. I love it. I love it so much.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • 187lb today, down 17lb from pre-pg (no weight loss since last week, then again, I haven't pooped yet).

My vice are the damn lactation cookies I made Saturday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ok I loved them all, bc you ladies are the motivation/support I lack IRL lol. 

We had our second weigh in this week for the Biggest Loser challenge at work.. I've lost 6.5 lbs in 3 weeks... It's definitely not falling off like it did when I was 20, but considering I'm breastfeeding and working out, I'm happy with it as long as it stays consistent. 

Working out is such a double edge sword for me bc I tend to not lose as much (I know.. muscle weighs more than fat), but I swear I'm losing inches. I think it's time to get out the measuring tape.. I'm just pissed I didn't do it 4 weeks ago when I started lol. 

My vice is definitely my ridiculous need to eat something after every meal. I've been trying to have hot cocoa at night instead of like cookies and milk lol... It's working.. kinda ;-)

Good luck ladies! @revez I can't wait for the pics ;-) 
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"