Infertility

Results with just vitamins/herbs?

Currently I am taking a Multivitamin (1x daily), Vitamin E (1x daily), Folic Acid (1x daily), Maca Root (2-2x daily), Damiana (2x daily) and drinking a tea made of Red Raspberry Leaf and Nettle Leaf (once daily). I've been doing this for about 3 months and I was wondering how long (if at all) before anyone saw results going just the herbal route. Results could either be proper periods and ovulation or pregnancy. I currently have PCOS and dont ovulate properly. I moved from NY (where I had done a lot of testing with one doctor who wanted me to try naturally before putting me on any medicine) to KY and I am trying to be patient. My husband and I have been married since 2009, have never used protection. We used to use lubes but stopped in end of 2011 and I have still never been pregnant. I have multiple friends and cousins just popping out babies without even trying or wanting them and its (as Im sure all of you know) becoming a huge slap in the face every time I see them. 
I'm 24 and DH is 33.
TTC Since Nov 2009
I have PCOS w/no ovulation & irregular periods
Stopped all drinking (Smoking for him) Sept 2011
Attempting Herbal Route since Sept 2013

Re: Results with just vitamins/herbs?

• It sounds like it is time to head to the RE (reproductive endocrinologist). The definition of infertility is when a couple does not become pregnant after a year of unprotected, well-timed intercourse (6 months if the woman is over 35). Good luck!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • You also might try posting this in the Trouble TTC forum. I suspect a lot of the women on this forum have tried and failed with the herbal/"natural" route. Most of the discussion on supplements here is focused on maximizing egg quality in IVF cycles--very different!

Good luck!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • ***PG/Loss mentioned***

We were successful in getting pregnant with TCM and acupuncture, as my issues weren't very complicated (I just needed to ovulate properly); however, we weren't successful at staying pregnant, as there were other factors at play that we didn't know about without proper testing. I'd definitely recommend continuing to see a ND for treatment while seeing a RE as well, but make sure that each is aware of what the other is prescribing for treatment, as they can interfere with each other.

Seeing an RE is a good idea at this point for sure. Good luck!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"