Babies on the Brain

Weight and worry before ttc

Hi all! Me and my hubby haven't officially started ttc, but we've talked about it and have recently discontinued bc. I'm overweight and am really worried about getting pregnant at my current weight, but since dc bc I've started to lose weight gradually and in a healthy way with lifestyle changes. What I'm concerned about is exercise and weight loss during pregnancy. I've heard from some friends that they've lost weight while pregnant and were able to maintain an active lifestyle and I'm just wondering about other peoples success and advise with this. I'm almost 28 (Feb 10th!) and would like to start ttc soon. Thank you!!!

Re: Weight and worry before ttc

• Thanks for the advise! :-)
  • If you are very overweight your weight gain requirements will differ from a woman of normal weight. You likely will be expected to gain only about 15-25lbs depending on your current weight versus 25-35 for a woman of normal weight.

My advice would be to diet and exercise now before TTC and during. If you are in the habit of exercising than most doctors would say its completely fine to continue with your exercise regimen provided there are not contraindications or complications.

Good luck!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Loading the player...
  • If your interested in losing weight before you are pregnant i would suggest weight watchers. I love the program and you can do it when your pregnant too. They just add more points for you. Its a great way to learn how to eat. If your not that active now at least try to get up and go for an afternoon walk a few times a week. That is something you can continue well into your pregnancy. 
  • WW isn;t all bad, it's about balance. But I would say I don't agreed with fat free products look at some of the stuff in these items and sweeteners. They won't let you be a member if you are pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"