February 2013 Moms
Options

Feel like a horrible mom

I can't believe this just happened. DS and I went into the bathroom to wash his hands. He started wacking me in the chest and I told him "don't hit mama". He went to do it again so I tried to catch his hand and ended up slamming my hand into his face. I feel so bad! I know it was an accident, but it just broke my heart that I caused him pain in a moment of discipline. All I wanted to do was catch his hand. He was definitely hurt and upset about it. Ugh... Poor baby! Such a bad mommy moment!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Feel like a horrible mom

• Options
    I have dropped my phone on my kids face. It's in a heavy "tank" case too.

It happens! X_X

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely don't beat yourself up about it...yesterday DD was sitting in DH's lap and was kind of fussy...well she's been teething so I went to the diaper bag to get Sophie the Giraffe for her to chew on. Instead of walking over and handing it to my husband, I tossed it to him and he missed it and PLUNK! ...hits DD right off the top of the head. She gave me the saddest look and a few giant tears fell down her cheeks....I knew it was an accident, but it's the look on her face that made me feel like a really crappy mom for a moment!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    it feels so crappy, but it happens. :(

on Christmas, DH was messing up JJ's hair, right after I'd finished brushing it, so I went to slap his hand away. he moved is hand and i ended up whapping JJ right on top of the head. he gave me the saddest look in the world and started crying. i felt terrible--i think i shed a few tears too.

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork
  • Options
    Aww, it was accident! Don't worry. I'm sure you gave him lots of cuddles and "I'm sorries" and he is ok now. That is so hard, though, when we accidentally hurt our babies :( 

• Options
    Oh, I'm sorry! I've done this. And dropped my phone on his sleeping head while u was nursing. Twice. :) accidents happen.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Stuff like that happens. You didn't mean it, and he'll forget it soon!

If it makes you feel better, when DD1 was a baby, she was lying on my lap and I was clipping my fingernails. A piece flew up and INTO HER EYE, where it proceeded to disappear under her lid. I freaked out, but we lived a 10 min walk from the university optometry clinic, so I took her in and they couldn't find it. The dr told me he thought it had just fallen out and I hadn't noticed (I knew it wasn't the case). I took her back home, and it reappeared from under the eyelid. Took her to the clinic again, and 2 doctors had to figure out how to get a fingernail clipping out of an infant's eye. I was holding her against me, one dr was trying to hold her eyelid open while the other went after the fingernail piece first with tweezers (which he quickly realized was a bad idea) and then with a Q-tip. Talk about a guilty mom moment...

Also, I stepped on DD2's fingers the other day and made her cry because I didn't notice her crawling up behind me. It's not the first time that's happened. 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    @kelly321 oh my! That whole story just makes me shudder.... Tweezers for an infant eyelid.... Yeesh!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have one too...I was yelling "No" at DD across the room when I saw her going for the dog food and she wasn't listening and grabbed a hand full.  At the same time I lunged across the room as I saw it moving towards her mouth and accidentally tripped over her taking us both to the floor where she proceeded to bump her head.  I felt so bad that disciplining and pain happened at the same time I was so worried she thought I knocked her over because I was mad!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"