January 2013 Moms
Options

BooHoo! Little guy has to have surgery

DS's tear duct hasn't opened yet, so he has to have surgery next Tuesday.  I look forward to his tear duct being open.  The poor guy can't even open his eye in the morning due to the extreme cold and dry MN air, and he rubs it throughout the day, so it's always irritated, and he runs the risk of infection the older he gets.  I'm mostly bummed out that they have to put him completely under, and he can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight before his surgery, so I not only have to bring my son to do something really scary for him and me, but I also have to do it when he's hungry and crabby...okay, I'm done whining now.  I know I need to count my blessings that my son is otherwise very healthy, and this is a very easy surgery.  It's just scary to think about.
Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!

Re: BooHoo! Little guy has to have surgery

• Options
    Any surgery is scary but it sounds like he find some relief after the procedure. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    *hugs* I know it's scary but everything will go well! And you'll have a non - irritated baby :) Give us an update after the surgery!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope everything goes super smooth. Sorry you have to worry about that
  • Options
    Good luck! My sister had tear duct surgery when she was 1. It iced the problem instantly! I'm sure your LO will go great!

• Options
    My son had the surgery done in September, and it went much better than I feared.  After his nurses did all his vitals and stuff, we walked him back to the doors to the OR and headed back to the waiting room.  I checked the time when we sat back down, and his surgeon was done and telling us how great it went in only 12 minutes!  We had to wait about 10 more minutes until we could see him.  He was pretty pissed when we got there, but he calmed down once we were able to give him a bottle.  We were able to leave the hospital about 30 minutes after we saw him.  He took an extra long nap afterwards, and then was good as new.  We never even needed to give him tylenol.  Other than some very minor blood in his tears that afternoon, you'd never had known he had surgery that day!  He was crawling around, playing, and giggling all afternoon.  Now, trying to put in the eye drops twice a day - that was torture!  Good luck on Tuesday!
  • Options
    My daughter will most likely need this surgery as well... I'm actually dreading her 1 year visit for this reason! Good luck to your son & let us know how everything goes,
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through this--I would be scared too! Hope everything goes smoothly and he gets good relief!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"