Infertility

First time posting, beginning the Donor IUI journey.

Hello All!

I'm new to this forum and the infertility world, to a certain extent. So please disregard my lack of acronyms and general knowledge. I'm trying to learn as much as I can & I think my head might spin off. 

A little background about me…my husband and I have been together for 4 years now, married 2 1/2. I've known from right after we started dating that having biological children between the two of us was unlikely due do hormone treatments my husband has been on for nearly a decade for other issues. Knowing that we decided to try for the last year with a variety of shots he would give himself weekly to try and stimulate sperm production. This was a trying process and took a toll on him, but we wanted to know that we tried everything we could….even though he has been told for many years it wouldn't happen. 

We were recently told, in a rather blunt and very uncomfortable doctor visit, that we need to look into alternatives because it is just not going to happen. I wanted to scream at the doctor for his lack of compassion when delivery this news. I wasn't expecting that kind of visit. 

We've always said we would have a family one way or another and all that matters is we have each other to build that family. So we've decided that we would try the donor route first, and if that doesn't work for us we will look into adoption. The only bright side of this is we are finally one step closer to having our family and that part definitely brings a sense of excitement. My husband and I feel even closer than ever right now and I'm very thankful to be married to such a wonderful man.

As I am new to this, I have so many questions. For those of you who have been through the IUI (donor or otherwise) process, did you have to pay for your consultation visit? How many of your cycles did they need to monitor before you were able to go forward with the procedure? I am trying to set up an apt with the clinic my doctor recommended and they can't see my until March 12th and now I'm getting nervous they won't be able to do anything until May after all the tests are complete, etc. Like I said, so new to all of this! 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I've been trolling this site for about a week and happy to have an outlet to go to. I overanalyze everything in life it feels like so with something like this, my brain is going into overdrive and I just might talk my husbands ear right off. 

Re: First time posting, beginning the Donor IUI journey.

• I just realized i may have posted this on the wrong board, sorry…. #-o

• Hi! When I did my four IUIs my doc had me do a whole natural cycle right when I began testing just to see what my body actually did. So just one cycle before we got started with the IUIs. Good luck to you!
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello & welcome! Sorry to hear you've already been through quite a journey. We did 4 IUIs before moving onto IVF. Your RE will definitely want to do some testing on you first, so you can expect to wait at least one cycle from the time you get to the RE. It stinks to wait, but it is important for them to know what diagnosis they are working with before devising a plan. Perhaps your OB can order a HSG for you in the meantime so you don't have to wait on that. Good luck!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"