High-Risk Pregnancy

*** Tuesday Bedrest Check-in ***

Good morning mamas

How did you sleep?

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings or aversions?

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (ticker change?)

QOTD: If you won the lottery what are the first five things you'd buy/do with the money?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *** Tuesday Bedrest Check-in ***

• Sleep was meh... I'm probably going to try to go back to sleep in just a little while.

Yesterday LO started putting alot of pressure on my cervix/cerclage so I went in for a check up. Thankfully Dr says that the external cervix is closed and the cerclage is still holding... but the pressure was so uncomfortable. So far this morning seems like she's moved a little so the pressure isn't so bad.

Oh and she started doing this weird shivering, shaking, vibrating movement. I'll feel several super rapid movements then she'll calm down and just a minute later she'll do it again. Kind of scary but Dr didn't seem concerned

QOTD:
    - I'd definitely pay off our debt first (school loans, medical bills etc.)
    - we still don't own a home so that would be next... I think I'd like to have one built just for us though because there aren't very many nice homes in our area
    - buy the dh and I our dream vehicles. His is a Ford Raptor and mine is a Land Rover LR4 or whatever the newest model number is...
    - I think we'd probably give our family some money our buy what they need... at least our parents for sure.
    - and the rest would be for savings

....if only.... lol you gotta be in it to win though, that's what I always say (but I hardly ever really play, it's fun to dream though)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi Guys.... wanting to jump in. I'm on bedrest and need more things to keep me occupied. I was active on TTCAL and then PGAL with my last pregnancy and then was on the preemie board after my son was born. I haven't been on the bump much lately due to being busy with work, but now all of that has changed.

A little more about me, my son was born at 29 weeks in 2011 and had a relatively calm NICU course and is doing great. I had preterm contractions with him starting at 19 weeks and was hospitalized at 27 weeks. My cervix was long and my FFN was negative so I went home on MBR for 1 week and then was allowed to go back to work. 5 days after going back I went into PTL and started bleeding, ended up having an abruption and delivering my son after 16 hours of labor.

Hoping for a different outcome this time! I started contracting at 16 weeks and then started 17P at 17 weeks. I was hospitalized with contractions q2 mins at 25 weeks and given Magnesium and beta methasone. I went home after 3 days on MBR and nifedipine and here I sit. Just had an ultrasound yesterday with a cervical length of 3.7. I'm also being watched for borderline polyhydramnios and completed my 3hr GTT yesterday failing only my fasting level (haven't heard verdict from doctor's office yet). I'm excited to jump in with you guys!

How did you sleep? Pretty well, my son has been in our bed a lot because he needs me to get him to sleep and I can't sit in the rocker beside his bed anymore. He woke me up a few times but went back down pretty easily. He's clearly been affected by all the drama lately.

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings or aversions? Not really... some increasing heartburn.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (ticker change?) Just had a ticker change and appts yesterday. Waiting to hear officially about my 3hr. Have an appt for rhogam next week and excited to make it to 28 weeks on Monday.

QOTD: If you won the lottery what are the first five things you'd buy/do with the money?
    I'm so boring 1) Pay off student loans 2) Pay off house 3) Put a ton away for kids college 4) Rent a huge house in Hawaii and fly close family and friends out for a vacation 5) Go on a little shopping spree
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies!  Welcome @haziedaze, and good luck with everything!  @tracint I'm glad to hear the pressure has decreased and the cerclage is holding. 

I slept great last night.  No new changes for me, I see my MFM tomorrow morning so I am looking forward to that.

QOTD:  If I won the lottery, I would (1) pay off all debt, (2) buy or build our dream house and organize/decorate it exactly as I wanted it, (3) fully fund the kids' college accounts, as well as those of our close relatives, (4) give money to our families/pay their mortgages/debt, and (5) go on a shopping spree!!!  Ahh, it's nice to dream :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• edited January 2014
    I'm apparently off and on with the check ins, I've been pretty down about being on bed rest and its making me not want to interact a bunch. 

Slept okay. DH surprised me with a snoogle this weekend which has been surprisingly useful not only with sleep, but also in keeping me propped up to eat and helping me angle the iPad perfectly. Good DH.

Appointment with OB on Friday morning, home nurse Friday afternoon for my shot, and MFM sometime next week. It'll be nice to get out in the sunshine a bit.

QOTD: With a big pay off I'd probably still be boring and sock most of it away for early retirement and college for the kiddo. We are pretty financially comfortable right now with no major needs/debts. Maybe put a pool in the backyard and hire a pool boy to keep it clean.

With a smaller lump sum (I'm actually recieving a small inheritance from an uncle who passed away last year so I've been thinking about it) I'll probably be treating myself to a more-expensive-than-I-can-usually-justify diaper bag and maybe a nice upholstered rocker for the nursery (it would have tickled my uncle pink to buy something nice for the nursery)- and then putting the rest away for the future :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"