November 2013 Moms
Options

Recommendation needed

Dropping in from D13 board...
Since your LOs are a little older thought you might have some wisdom. Any recommendations for a video baby monitor, my maternity leave is wrapping up and my work from home hubby is going to need one. I really appreciate any recommendations/ pros/ cons.
Thanks a million!

Re: Recommendation needed

• Options
    Ours is a summer infant. Love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    I have a samsung one and love it.  LO has been in his own room since day one so we've used it for almost 3 months now and never had a problem.  Nothing interupts it and it has a long range.  We have concrete walls and it works well even with those.  You can add cameras for multiple kids if you want and it has a zoom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't ordered it yet, so take my "recommendation" with a grain of salt....  DH really likes to research things and we're planning on ordering the wifi baby video monitor.  It works with an app on your phone which always runs as an audio monitor in the background and then you can obviously look at the screen if you want to see LO.  It's on the more expensive side, about $250 I think, but we are leaning towards it because it will work well for us when LO is older.  We live in a large 2 story house and it'll work if she is upstairs playing in her room and we won't have to carry around receivers.
  • Options
    We have this one:
    https://www.summerinfant.com/babytouchboost

More expensive but an awesome product and well worth the money.

• Options
    We have the Motorola one with 2 cameras. One is on her crib and one is on her swing where she naps. It has night vision and had worked really well for us.
  • Options
    dobrydney said:

We haven't ordered it yet, so take my "recommendation" with a grain of salt....  DH really likes to research things and we're planning on ordering the wifi baby video monitor.  It works with an app on your phone which always runs as an audio monitor in the background and then you can obviously look at the screen if you want to see LO.  It's on the more expensive side, about $250 I think, but we are leaning towards it because it will work well for us when LO is older.  We live in a large 2 story house and it'll work if she is upstairs playing in her room and we won't have to carry around receivers.

The thing that freaks me out about the wifi ones is that they can be hacked. There was a story a few months ago about a family who heard a weird voice over their monitor, just to discover that someone had hacked it and was talking to their child. Pretty creepy!

We have the cheaper Motorola one that comes with two cameras. It's pretty basic, but does the job. My only complaints are that the audio doesn't work as well as I'd like and the battery on the receiver doesn't last long. Luckily it just plugs in to recharge, so no biggie.
  • Options
    Mum2Be28Mum2Be28 member
    edited January 2014
    I have the Motorola. Not sure if there several but it's the one in the $185ish range. It has night vision and the camera moves around so you can find baby in the crib. You can also talk to baby through the monitor which is nice when they get older. I have used the summer infant one when I used to nanny and it was nice too. I went with Motorola simply because I've heard they are the best about taking them back and stuff if they break.
  • Options
    The thing that freaks me out about the wifi ones is that they can be hacked. There was a story a few months ago about a family who heard a weird voice over their monitor, just to discover that someone had hacked it and was talking to their child. Pretty creepy! We have the cheaper Motorola one that comes with two cameras. It's pretty basic, but does the job. My only complaints are that the audio doesn't work as well as I'd like and the battery on the receiver doesn't last long. Luckily it just plugs in to recharge, so no biggie.
    That is pretty damn creepy!
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! October 13 rocks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"