2nd Trimester

Braxton-hick / pressure pain

I am 21 weeks and frequently at night my stomach feels hard with a lot of pressure and some pain/discomfort. From everything I've read it's a combo of Braxton-Hicks and gas/constipation. Do you think it's normal to have so much of it? (The pressure doesn't come and go it lingers for hours)

Re: Braxton-hick / pressure pain

• Sounds normal to me. BH can be more noticeable when your laying down, and gas pains can be more uncomfortable when you're not walking around moving the gas. Drink some water for the BH and take some gas X for the gas... worked for me during my 1st pregnancy!

*on a side note, if you have 4+ BH contractions in 1 hour or less, call your OB/MW while it's usually not a big deal, it can be.
  • Definitely keep an eye on how many you get per hour.

When I was pregnant with my son I was having a lot of BH and per the instruction of my OB I went to triage. They discovered I was 2 cm dilated at 28 weeks and contracting pretty regularly. 8 weeks of bedrest kept DS inside but I delivered him in my 36th week.

My story is one of those freaky weird and random ones, but better safe than sorry.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Loading the player...
  • What exactly do BH contractions feel like?  I didn't realize you could get them so early (I'm at 22 weeks).  I feel a lot of soreness/achiness down around my uterus, and I just assumed it was round ligament pain, which goes away after a while.  I've noticed that I feel tightness down there sometimes, and often associated it with the baby moving around, because that's when I feel it kick the most.  My doc never mentioned BH to me yet, and doesn't seem concerned about the soreness I've been feeling.  I've never paid attention enough that I would count the contractions, probably because I'm not really sure what I've been feeling.  Should I be more aware of this?
  • I am experiencing the same thing! But I am not sure it's BH. How can I know if they are happening 6 per hour if the tightness are soreness last for hours? Shouldn't I be able to feel what a contraction is? But, doc doesn't seem concerned, so I'm just trying to not analyze it to much.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"