July 2014 Moms

So upset

That my teeth are crumbling. Literally breaking away since I have been pregnant and my dental insurance doesn't pay a thing. I can't miss work to go even if I could. I had planned on getting them worked on after I had the baby while I was still on leave. I don't know if it can wait that long. There will be nothing left of them!

Re: So upset

• What was happening pre-pregnancy that you had planned on getting work done to them? Did you already have problems, and now pregnancy is intensifying, or is this completely pregnancy related?

I'm sorry you're going through this, dental work is the worst. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Oh, that's awful. I'd look for a dentist that offers late evenings or Saturday appointments. If that's not an option, could you make up work another day?

Have you talked to your OB about what's happening? Sure, they'd say to go see a dentist but they might know of some other ideas to slow down the damage.

Keep in mind certain dental problems are thought to be harmful for baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there a dental school near your area? They typically provide free or reduced price care bc the students have to perform a certain number of procedures and exams.
  • I have bad teeth, I just got a ton of work done (like 11 fillings and a deep cleaning with a second appointment to make sure it was extra clean.) on them before this pregnancy but I had a chip of my tooth come off the other day. :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • I do have pre-existing issues and had spent a bunch of money getting them worked on in late 2012, so much that we had to stop because I was literally running out of money, but I only had two teeth that lacked fillings so 2013 rolled around and my husband and I were putting together our wedding (which we paid for on our own with no help from the parents) thus went all my money last year. Well we were married in July and in November we found out we were expecting. The tooth that is crumbling is actually one that was healthy and needed no work :( There isn't may options as to where I can go, I live in rural eastern KY were there are only a few places to go get work done. I am established with one of the best in town, however he has pretty standard business hours.
  • Care Credit might be able to help you -- it's like a credit account for dental work.

Dental clinics are also good options.  You can check your local county assistance office for where they refer low-income families for work. 

Individual dental plans are available too that might be affordable, if you haven't checked into them already.

I have been through a horrible dental history and now have full dentures, so I feel your pain and am so sorry you have this to stress over.  I hope that some simple research of alternatives can bring you to some treatment and relief.  Please take care.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daniella Josephine born July 7, 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"