Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Natural Miscarriage Experience

I thought I would share my experience since I found it so helpful to read other experiences in order to gain some perspective on what to expect. I wish none of us had to share these experiences but I was grateful so many of you strong women where willing to share to help others.
So I had some very light brown spotting that started last Monday evening, on Wednesday I went in for my scheduled first appointment which should of been 8.5 weeks, had an ultrasound and the baby measured too small to detect a heartbeat, at this point I still was having very light brown spotting. There was some hope by the doctor that maybe I just ovulated late and that since the baby was measuring too small to detect a heartbeat that maybe it was just to early, although I knew the outcome would not be positive. Anyway I was sent home scheduled for more blood work and another ultrasound the following week. By Thursday the spotting had become red and slightly heavier. On Friday it was pretty much the same only the spotting had progressed to a flow enough that I needed to wear a pad but still on par with a very light period. On Saturday I began to bleed more on par with a regular period and I started having period like cramps, nothing terrible. By that evening I had very heavy bleeding, more intense cramps (still not much worse than bad period cramps however). I passed quite a few clots the largest and last one was about the size of a small orange. Sunday the bleeding lessened to that of light period and had some light cramps here and there. Now Monday again and I am still having some very light bleeding. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully it will show that everything passed on its own and I will be able to determine what my next step is.
All in all it was not that bad physically and I certainly glad I did not have to have another surgery. Hope my story helps someone, I know hearing everyone elses stories helped me.
Thank you for the support.
BFP #1 -7/29, EDD-4/5/11, missed m/c at 9 weeks, discovered 9/22, d&c-9/23
BFP #2 -1/9/11, EDD-9/22/11 DD born 9/12/11
BFP #3 - 10/2/13 chemical pregnancy
BFP #4 - 12/25/13 Missed m/c at 8 weeks baby only measured 3 weeks

Re: Natural Miscarriage Experience

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"