December 2012 Moms

Why

Does DD have to wake up at 6 every snow day?! Ugh! DS hasn't had school since Wednesday and I doubt he will be back before Thursday! It's too cold to send him outside and to dangerous to venture out. Imma bout to lose my mind. We are so stir crazy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Why

• Uugh!!!  That sucks, and I hear you about the cold!  I was going nuts this weekend, it's been so cold here that I don't take Morgan out unless it's super necessary and then she's covered from head to toe.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• I'm feeling stir crazy and I'm not even at home.  Maybe bundle up and venture out to somewhere indoors?  We got out for at least a few minutes yesterday, and it seemed to help DD a lot. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm feeling stir crazy and I'm not even at home.  Maybe bundle up and venture out to somewhere indoors?  We got out for at least a few minutes yesterday, and it seemed to help DD a lot. 

The weather is too nasty, we are getting crazy lake effect. The roads are not friendly, 131 in GR is closed because of a huge multi vehicle accident right now. We have about 3.5 feet of snow and it is getting blown all over too. Otherwise I'd totally go to the library or mall play place.

imageimageimage
  • I hear ya. I'm so over this whole month. DH and I were supposed to have a date night tonight. He was recently listed as one of the "Top Up and Coming Lawyers" in a local business magazine, so there was this gala to honor all those on the list.....I was so looking forward to getting all dressed up, going out, socializing w/ adults (even if I wouldn't know anyone), just getting out!! Well, it was originally scheduled for January 6, but w/ the Great Polar Vortex of 2014 it got rescheduled to tonight. And now DH has a man-cold and is feeling too sick to go (is coming home early to take Nyquil and go to sleep). I am SO BUMMED. Between that, and Noah being sick, and it just being super frigid and snowy, everything this month has been either canceled or rescheduled....my January calendar page is nothing but X's.....and I am going crazy!!

Sorry to hijack your thread, @minervacullen. I can definitely relate to the cooped up feeling, though....and I imagine it's so much worse on your side of the state!
  • What state are you guys from? Iowa is getting the same cold weather. It was blowing so bad last night I couldn't see across the street! I am soo ready for spring!!!
  • What state are you guys from? Iowa is getting the same cold weather. It was blowing so bad last night I couldn't see across the street! I am soo ready for spring!!!

I'm in west Michigan right on Lake Michigan. They have issues a snow emergency telling people to stay off the roads :/ and school already cancelled for tomorrow too.
    I made cookies and guacamole, and haven't cleaned a darn thing in this trashed house.

@marchesa28 this cold is ridiculous! I'm sorry you have to miss the gala, I always like those.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"