March 2014 Moms

DH's SGR moment?

STMs (and FTMs if this has happened already), when did your SO/DH have that "shit's got real" type moment, and what triggered it for him?

I Tried to get mine to set up the bassinet this weekend (1BR apt so that is basically baby's "nursery" til we move) and it's not done.. "We have plenty of time! Stop freaking out." Um, no, we have 35 days until EDD and you are gone the next two wks for work.. So mine definitely has not had his SGR moment yet. (My MIL says it won't happen til baby is in his arms.) The land of Denial must be a nice place to live! :-P
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: DH's SGR moment?

• He hasn't announced it or anything, but now that the nursery is set up i think it's starting to set in. I have found him multiple times sitting in the recliner in the nursery, which is pretty cute. I'm not sure it will really set in until we have babies in hand, but it's a process I guess!
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I had friends come and help me put the nursery furniture together last wknd and a few days later I asked DH to put something in the baby's room.
    Well he went in there and was in there for much longer than he needed to be.
    He came out and said "awww it's just like we are going to have another schniebs! (DS's nickname)"

I think was a SGR moment- but I'm not sure it has stuck- I think it was just a "brief moment"!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh mine has not had one yet.
    I'm looking forward to it, so he'll grow up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was the same as @fbw's last time (wait yours didn't break already right???did I miss something??)). He was kind of floating around in the make believe land of this could happen someday until it broke at 3am and he was like oh shit I never read the books!!!!what do we do?!?!? This time I still think he is in that land at this point!
  • The 1st time: When I was in the hospital for PTL.

This time: when both of the girls are screaming and having tantrums at the same time he says "hey lets have another one!" LOL!
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We went to my prepared childbirth class on Saturday. When we got home, DH was doing some major nesting! Later that night, he suggested we go to target and bru to see what else we needed.
    I've also found DH in the nursery, just sitting in the chair drinking coffee etc (it melts my heart)
  • Aw! I love the stories with DHs sitting in the nursery. I'm imagining mine's moment will be more like @farmboyswife though lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine hasn't had one yet. I think it'll be the same as with DD, when I went into labor!

• Ummm last time it was when he heard DS cry for the first time I think. This time, ask him when my due date is.... Betcha he would say "some time in march" which was more than he knew before Christmas. Smh.
  • Mine had a mini one when we found out the sex, but his really big SGR moment was last week when I showed him a pic of one of the March '14 preemies who had been born at the same amount of weeks I am now and he saw that it was pretty much a fully grown baby and not just the little gummy bear we saw at the 8 week ultrasound anymore!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • Mine had a mini one when we found out the sex, but his really big SGR moment was last week when I showed him a pic of one of the March '14 preemies who had been born at the same amount of weeks I am now and he saw that it was pretty much a fully grown baby and not just the little gummy bear we saw at the 8 week ultrasound anymore!

Maybe this is what I need to do to get him into gear!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • With DS1 when my water broke at 37w 6d. He still thought we had plenty of time when I was freaking out about getting the nursery together.

This time when I was doing baby laundry last week and DH came into the nursery and he held up the 6 months clothes and thought the clothes were so small. Then he made me show him the infant clothes that were already put away. DH loves the swishy baby stage so he's excited.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine hasn't had it yet...but what makes it funny is he thinks he has.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   

DH thinks he knows what's up... One of my friends is due a week before me and her husband freaks out sometimes (in a "manly" way, like he drank a bit too much at baby shower). And DH analyzes his behavior and says how this guy is freaking out from not being ready, but DH is "totally ready"... Yeah... Lol
    BabyFetus Ticker

This. I think my DH kinda started to at our 3d but he didn't get too freaked out yet. I think I scared him when I had my moment but he was drunk and doesn't really remember it. I'm thinking it will hit him hard once we are on the way to the hospital for real.

BabyName Ticker}
  • I think my DH has partially had it.  He kept thinking that this baby was just out there in the future.  So I took out a calendar, filled in all our commitments between now and then, and laid out a hard timeline for him.  He had a bit of a freak out and starting putting things together, ordering things on line, and asking to get a closer look at my to-do list.  I still don't think everything has fully sunk in, but he's pretty great in the face of panic or chaos or stress, so I think he'll be just fine.
  • I don't know if he's had it yet, but this week we have our labor and delivery class and tour.  A friend of mine just took it last month and told me there will be graphic videos (which I'm not warning him about ahead of time.)  That should do it.
  • I think for my DH it's been little things along the way - learning the gender, feeling him move, getting the nursery set up - to the point where I think he's now more anxious than I am! Our EDD is about 50 days away, and he has been on me for the past week or more to get the hospital bag packed "just in case". It's really cute and has made me appreciate him even more. He's always concerned about how I'm feeling and goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable. It's pretty precious. :)
  • with DS1... when we were admitted into L/D triage. He was paintinh the soon to be playroom at the time I wanted to go in and he still wasnt convinced... on his behalf we did go to L/D a couple times in first pregnancy and sent home so he probably was thinking wed get sent home again! Denial until in the room :)
  • With DS, it wasn't until the nurse told him to call in to work and tell them he wasn't going in. DS was born two hours later haha

So far, it's looking like it will be the same this time around.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday when he was twacking out in the garage doing useless moving crap around (and not even getting out stuff we need, just burying it further) I told him we have 6 weekends left to finish getting ready, and we have something planned (Super Bowl, weddings, multiple birthday parties, family get togethers, OOT stays at my parents) every weekend until then.

Six weekends until my RCS. And we have nothing together. Nothing.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • When we were talking about a summer trip, his eyes got big and he says, "oh crap, we'll have 3 kids then won't we??!" Or it could have been when he had to email his boss at my request for his March schedule. Ya know, cause I could go into labor!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My guy is super chillax...not sure he will ever have one!
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I came home with new 4D pics on Monday and he put one in a frame we had been given that says "Love at First Sight."  He's been gushing over it ever since - he's so in love.  I think it's starting!

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think he just had his today! My friend who was due 3 days before me just had her baby this afternoon! I think he's convinced he should set up the bassinet now...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm not sure DH ever had a SGR moment with DS. Even as I started to push it was like nbd for him. He's not one to get excited about stuff plus with a medical degree that type of stuff doesn't get him worked up. It's kind of a bummer sometimes.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"