Nurseries and Baby Gear

"Shower Cap" style car seat cover

I would like a "shower cap" style car seat cover. My friend picked up an Eddie Bauer one for me very cheap. I was also looking at the Bundle Me one. My friend is out of state and I won't see the Eddie Bauer one until April. Does anyone have it? Reviews? Any others I should be considering besides these two brands? Thank you.

Re: "Shower Cap" style car seat cover

• I had the JJ Cole one and honestly, it's nothing too special. It did it's purpose just fine and I used it for a long time. I will say the shower ones are a PITA. You either have to remove it ever time you take LO in and out of it, or you have to put them in and out through the whole which became annoying. That said, I'll use mine again and then I bought the other kind on consignment for the stroller.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• The JJCole Bundle Me is not safe for use in a car seat. Period.

Shower cap styles are perfectly safe. I used the JJCole car seat cover (shower cap) and was very happy with it. It was easy to get baby in and out and it was plenty warm enough for even the coldest winter day. Honestly, cars warm up so fast and infant seats are warm anyway-you really don't need much once you're in the car :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • beachmamaNYbeachmamaNY member
    edited January 2014
    kmc84 said:
    The JJCole Bundle Me is not safe for use in a car seat. Period. Oops. Definitely meant to write JJ cole var seat cover, NOT bundle me! I spent all evening researching this and def did not mean that one. Thanks for advice. Shower cap styles are perfectly safe. I used the JJCole car seat cover (shower cap) and was very happy with it. It was easy to get baby in and out and it was plenty warm enough for even the coldest winter day. Honestly, cars warm up so fast and infant seats are warm anyway-you really don't need much once you're in the car :)

• Ugh, replying on my phone and screwed up the quote. I meant the same cover you are talking about, @kmc84. JJ cole brand, but NOT bundle me. I spent all evening researching, and took bundle me off my registry. Preggo brain. Thanks for advice!
  • I think they're all about the same. I got ours from Walmart, and it works just fine. DD3 generally kicks the bottom part off completely while we're in the car, but it goes back on easily enough. I like having it for all these -20 degree days we've been having.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I have both the jj cole and an Eddie Bauer one from target. They did the job, I actually prefer the Eddie Bauer one because the 'face flap' had Velcro to keep it both open and closed. I used it to help keep baby dry and protect her from the wind, I did put an A&A blanket over baby and under the cover for warmth. Where I live we had snow from October thru May often with sub zero temperatures and DD never seemed cold in the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They are all the same as PP said.  JJ Cole shower cap or Eddie Bauer will do the trick.  The JJ Cole is easier to look at.  I have the JJ Cole and I liked it.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • This is the one we had. It worked really well and kept our DD warm throughout the winter. image
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Katie829 said:

This is the one we had. It worked really well and kept our DD warm throughout the winter. image

Yes, had this one and loved it. Very easy to use.

• We have the same as the two pp. Not sure what the second posted meant that the shower cap styles are hard to use? Anyway, we like it! It would be nice if it had Velcro to keep the top shut when it is windy out
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• The shower cap styles are much safer than the ones that go under the harness. The bundle me and similar covers can compress in the event if an accident, posing a risk of throwing the baby out of the car seat or of internal injuries by displacing the chest clip.

None of them are perfect, but the shower cap ones safely keep baby warm and cozy. Our first daughter was a November baby, so we got 2 winters' use out of it and passed it on to a cousin who has used it this whole winter, and it's still holding up beautifully. I'm not entirely certain which brand it is right now since it isn't currently in my possession, but I think it was an Eddie Bauer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"