August 2012 Moms

Prayers please! Update!

ks3pinkks3pink member
edited January 2014 in August 2012 Moms
First for my SIL who now has 2 kids in the hospital. Her middle son who is 2 ended up being admited Thursday and is still there with walking pneumonia and a high fever. Just this afternoon they had to call the ambulance for her smallest child, her 9 month old, for the same symptoms. I cannot imagine the stress and worry they are going through right now!

Second for my great uncle. We got a call this afternoon that he had been taken into emergency surgery for an aortic aneurism. He has come through surgery but has a long road ahead as this is not something most people love through.

Third I have been having some back pain in the left kidney area and today have started having some bladder pain and urgency to urinate. Pray that's its just a bladder infection because I'm a little concerned that it could be more.

Lots of prayers needed around here tonight. TIA!

Update: my 2 year old nephew is home but my 9 month old nephew has gotten worse. He is currently in icu and will probably be intubated before the day is over. That will mean another week in the hospital. His breathing has just dropped into the 30s and he is really struggling.
:( My great uncle is currently on dialysis because his kidneys will not function since the aneurism. He is still in icu and under sedation as well. :(
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prayers please! Update!

• You and your family are in our prayers.

DH gets kidney stones quite often, and that's how it starts. Keep an eye on it, the pain can become nearly unbearable, a trip to the hospital is usually where we end up. They give him IV pain meds and then some prescriptions for other stuff.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You and your family are in our prayers.

DH gets kidney stones quite often, and that's how it starts. Keep an eye on it, the pain can become nearly unbearable, a trip to the hospital is usually where we end up. They give him IV pain meds and then some prescriptions for other stuff.

That's what I'm afraid of. I've considered taking off tomorrow and going to the doctor but they don't even open until 8:30 and I have to be at work at 7. I'll call when they open and hopefully make it until school gets out tomorrow. We'll see!
  • Loading the player...
  • T&p for you and your extended family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry y'all are going through all of that! Sending you my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on how everyone is doing.
  • Oh my goodness, that's a lot going on.
    I'm so sorry! T&P's to your family.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Thanks ladies! Little update: they are testing the 9 month old for rsv, they think he has that or bronchiolitis, and my SIL's oldest is with my MIL and is throwing up and running a fever. He is four so old enough to tell us what's wrong, no cough and the fever is low, hoping he just has a bug. I still can't imagine the stress they are feeling!
  • @ks3pink how are you feeling this morning? Drink lots of water.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • SJandVA said:

@ks3pink how are you feeling this morning? Drink lots of water.

Better actually. The back pain and bladder pressure have both subsided. My 9 month old nephew us actually doing better, they have eased up on his oxygen and he is tolerating it well. My 2 month old nephew is not improving though which is concerning. They cannot get him off the oxygen. My great uncle is still struggling, it could really go either way. It's been a long day and it's only Monday. And we are forecasted to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow! Ready for spring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"