August 2012 Moms

Help! I ruined her lovey!

While DD was at daycare on Tuesday, we washed her lovey. It's a blue elephant named Ella. We have a backup that I asked DH to wash too so we could start to wear down the brand-new backup and make both Ella's more similar.

WELL. I'm not sure what happened, but Ella came out of the wash cycle feeling a little different and DD absolutely won't touch her. This after weeks of carrying Ella everywhere! Is there anything I can do? I feel awful about it!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! I ruined her lovey!

• Oh no! I don't have any advice,sorry. Can you buy another one? Maybe she'll get used to the freshly washed ones.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I don't know. I guess we could buy another one and start afresh if she'll take that one. Maybe it would assuage my guilt!
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you put it in a pillowcase? If not maybe try rewashing one of them in it. Sorry that's all I got.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't know about restoring the washed ones, but if you get a new one (Ella or something else), I would buy 2 like you did, but rotate them once a week or so. That way they wear out the same without the wash. We've done that for both kids now, and they have no idea there are is a spare lovey stashed in my closet. :) Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"