March 2014 Moms

F*** bending over to put on pants...3rd tri problems

Seriously, I'm done. I just called DH and told him to stop at the drug store on the way home to buy me a Snuggie. I think he thought I was kidding. I was not. Anyone else super frustrated with doing the things that used to be so easy you used to take them for granted?
BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: F*** bending over to put on pants...3rd tri problems

• My DH has to help me put on my underwear after my shower every night... I've given up on pajamas. Nursing bra and undies it is!
    EDD: 03/24/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Sleeping, putting on my undies and pants, Oh and tying my shoes!!! I feel off the bed the other day trying to put on my pants...LMAO. I was fine didn't fall far and all my daughter and DH did was laugh and help me up...yea :)
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Doing the dishes has become a PITA. I have to stand almost sideways now and it kills my back. I hate the way DH washes them though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I cannot pick up dropped items from the floor anymore. I also can't reach the sink to do dishes due to the height of our kitchen counter.

Pants suck.  Shoes?  If they're not slip ons, forget them.  And the joke in my house is that I've beached myself on the chaise part of the sofa.

Oh, and getting in and out of bed sucks.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Going up the stairs! And I live in a 3 story townhouse so I'm going up and down all day.
  • This morning my husband laughed at me for the struggle I was having getting socks on.
  • Removing my shoes...slip ons are great (and also FYI great for when you are toting a baby) but kicking them off while pregnant is SO bad.  The motion to hook the heel of the shoe and push it off makes me feel like my pubis symphysis is going to come apart and is super painful.  Ugh!! 

Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

• edited January 2014
    Putting underwear and socks on are annoying! DH just looks at me and asks what is wrong. Dude I can't bend and lift my leg! I drop something on the floor though and I just yell to him and say I can't reach it.

Oh and the turning over in bed at night. I have to grab the headboard and grunt to get turning.

Eta: posted before finishing my sentence
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • I have to wear gym shoes for work and DH has to tie them for me. I can't bend over without feeling like I'm gonna pass out. Also, if any of my clothing requires "work" (aka buttons, snaps, excessive pulling to get on) it just doesn't happen. I've been living in my two pairs of maternity pants, yoga pants and tank tops. If I have to go out, I grab a hoodie and call it done. Fuck zippers on coats.
  • recline84 said:

I've been wearing these everywhere I go to avoid socks or shoes I have to tie. I really don't care anymore.

I'm also wearing slip on shoes to avoid trying to tie laces. can't avoid socks though, it's freezing here
  • Also.. I've switched to flip flops unless I HAVE to wear shoes.

Flats. They have become my best friend

(though DH was appalled when it was freezing rain outside and I told him boots were not worth it)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Flopping into bed and sleeping on my stomach, putting on shoes and socks, being able to get dressed standing up instead of sitting to put my pants on, feeding and walking the dog.
  • I diddo all of the above!!
  • My husband and I just had this convo last night. He said rolling over in bed shouldn't be a big push up and roll over. He said just quietly roll over- I laughed- can't do it! It takes everything I have to roll to the other side!
  • PerkyErkyPerkyErky member
    edited January 2014

Rolling over in bed sucks.

The other night DH asked me what was wrong because I was making so much noise. I said "I'm rolling over". It is quite the production.

Edit: words are hard at the end of the day.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've given up on shoes and only wear slip ons. I'm about to give up on doing laundry because I can't comfortably reach inside of it anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • PerkyErky said:

The other night DH asked me what was wrong because I was making so much noise. I said "I'm rolling over". It is quite the production.

We bed share and when DH is home I have to be aware of where DS is in the bed so hubby doesn't accidentally elbow him. So if I have to roll to my other side DS goes with me. This is almost impossible to do now.
  • Oh, laundry!  Ha!  I can get the clothes into the washer or out of the dryer...but I can't get them FROM the washer INTO the dryer!!  Or up and down the stairs...

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh, laundry!  Ha!  I can get the clothes into the washer or out of the dryer...but I can't get them FROM the washer INTO the dryer!!  Or up and down the stairs...
    I have the exact same problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sure these have all been mentioned, but: putting on underwear, putting on shoes (other than workout shoes I only wear flats that I can slide on), sweeping/mopping, I don't pick things up off the floor if the gopher DH bought me for Christmas isn't handy, and looking over my shoulder when changing lanes hurts when I twist. Also, I drive a stick shift, so that too, if I'm in traffic. Oh, and rolling over in bed is the pits. There's probably more I'm forgetting...
  • Oh yeah, we live on the third floor of our building, and those stairs get exhausting. Especially with groceries and whatnot. I go up and down upwards of 5-6 times per day.
  • Putting on boots. They are necessary due to the amount of snow we have, but omg sooo hard to put on and get off.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Pretty much everything that was mentioned already. Then when I do bend over I pretty much have to pee before I even stand back up.
  • Washing dishes... My belly bumps into the sink and Im so far away From the actual faucet that I have to reach with all of my might just to rinse a plate, I feel like I have friggin T Rex arms...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wear boots every day. Easy to pull on and off.
    The worst is having to do stuff while in my car. I work downtown, so there are parking garages & stuff and I can't reach the stupid button for the ticket.
    And yesterday, I couldn't reach the mailbox from my car while at the post office. I dropped the mail on the ground, had to miraculously squeeze out of my car, pick all the mail up, and then squeeze back in. All while 3 cars behind me watched.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• I would much rather pick something up off the floor than roll over in bed; that feels like an Olympic sport.
  • I feel like putting on underwear is a like a game of ring toss and I'm really,really bad at it!!
  • laurstarxlaurstarx member
    edited January 2014
    I now carry a stool around with me at work for when I have to get something or do something to lower shelves because I can't bend over.

And I'm out of breath after trying to put shoes on. Like ran a marathon out of breath

• Loving baths, but then getting out of the tub.

I want a bath, but CLEANING the tub!

• PerkyErky said:

Hahahah. Same here. I laid down on the floor and demonstrated the difficulty (though it's easier on the floor because it's not squishy). Then we trouble-shot. He suggested hands and knees first, so the belly goes under instead of over. That's exactly what my mother said she had to do with me!

Unfortunately this lets in all the cold air so I haven't tried it yet.....still grunting.
  • My sides hurt really badly at night so I have to roll over all night long. It's SO hard!

The worst is that I have a 12 1/2 month old who doesn't walk yet. Chasing him around while he crawls everywhere and gets into everything and having to constantly pick him up is really getting difficult and exhausting!
  • Putting on boots was exhausting last night. Just getting dressed is a pain. But the worst is lifting DD into our SUV and into her car seat in the middle seat and then reaching over to buckle her in. I've been attempting to teach her to climb in herself, but she can't always do it and certainly can't buckle herself in!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • All of the above. Rolling over in bed, belly getting in the way of the desk at work, I agree with your T. rex arms statement @mskris66!! Everything seems out of reach. Also, maternity pants......belly panel is great but the bit below feels really restrictive and I'm sure gives baby hiccups! And it gets painful, so then I look weird pulling it outwards, then I pull on the overgrown bush I can't see and hurt myself more. I look like a disaster sometimes!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"