7 week old development is it on track? — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

7 week old development is it on track?

my baby is 7 weeks old. Should he be grasping a rattle and cooing? I read that he should be but he rarely coos and doesnt reach for objects. ...is that normal? What is everyone else's baby doing or not doing at this stage.....thanks

Answers

• That seems really young to be grasping a raffle. My LO will be 10 weeks Monday, and while he will grab onto things, he's not shaking any rattles yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • 7w and cooing here but I don't expect my LO to deliberately grasp and hold something for months to come. Sure, he'll accidentally grasp something (e.g. necklace) but doesn't even know it. I don't recall my DD (now 2.5yo) ever using a rattle. I must have missed that window.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is 3 mo old today and still can't grasp and hold on to things intentionally. He bats at stuff, sometimes accidentally grabs stuff, but his hands are still mostly in fists and he isn't holding and playing with toys yet. He has really only started to notice and bat at toys in the past month, about the same time he started cooing. I think your LO is early to be doing this stuff and I definitely would not be worried. 
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • My almost 10 week old isn't reaching for objects yet. He will stare at things and he is definitely very verbal (coos and smiles a lot) but he hasn't quite caught on to the idea of toys and what they are for. :)

• 12 weeks here and we do not have any intentional arm / hand movements. At about 10 weeks she began to flail at he hanging toys on the play mat, but does not look at them while doing so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards