High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Amnio

Has anyone had amnio and been told not to exercise until they got the results? I know most people can't exercise for 72 hours but I was surprised to hear the dr. say longer.  I've had a healthy pregnancy until this 2nd quad test came back with 1 out of 100.  Pure torture.  I'm wondering if this quad screening is just a California test or if its all over the U.S.  My friends in Florida were not familiar with this second quad screening.  How many of you guys have come back with these tests positive? I'm wondering how many false positives there are out there and how many people have been through pure torture waiting for the results to hear everything is ok. I've spotted slightly 2 times and the dr. feels that I am at a higher risk for a miscarriage.  Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this?

Re: Amnio

• Options
    Second trimester quad screen is very common. It's just a screen though. I'm surprised your doc ordered an amnio instead of one of the new blood tests for trisomies though. Always best to listen to cautions on when to take it easy though.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    I was told not to do anything for about a week after my amnio, but I had it done later than is normal. I was about 24 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh but it took 2 weeks to get my results. I know there is a shorter test but we wanted the full karotype. I did not have it as a result of quad screening so I can't help with those questions. We discovered a major heart defect at the a/s and the amnio came back positive for T21.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.  It was crazy to me that the first trimester screening came back normal, the maternity 21 came back normal but the second trimester screening came back positive.  I thought the maternity 21 covered everything.  Its horrible how scary a positive result becomes.
  • Options
    I thought it did too, now I am worried :/

I am sorry you have to do this waiting, I am waiting for my mat21 results so I know how it is.
  • Options
    There is nothing harder then waiting for the test results to come back.  Each day feel like an eternity.  We are going for an ultrasound tomorrow to hopefully I'll at least get the ok to start lightly exercising.  Being stuck at home from Tues-Sun is so draining.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"