August 2013 Moms

Gotta Have It

Ok ladies, I need your help. I'm making SIL a "must have" basket for her baby shower. What are some of your favorites?
Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
07/03/2012
08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone.
You are my angel, my darling,
my star...and my love will find you,
wherever you are."

Re: Gotta Have It

• I really like the Aveeno bath stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd say Aquaphor. I tried a whole bunch of diaper cream and nothing worked as good as Aquaphor. And also.. now that it's cold out, he gets chapped cheeks (face, not butt :P) and it helps with that too. 

• Oh. Stuff for mom or for baby?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For baby I say little stuff that's easy to forget about/don't realize you need it until you need it- rectal thermometer, nail clippers, comb, nose frida, gas drops, Tylenol, Baby Vicks...
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can you throw some really good hand lotion in for mom? My hands are so dry from constantly washing/sanitizing them. I think L'Occitane is the best. It saved my hands. 

If she's going to nurse, what about supplies for that? Breast shields, BM storage bags, pump wipes, pump steam bags, etc. 
  • Hmmmm. Self care products: Epsom salts, nipple cream (unless that's weird), nursing pads, lip balm, mini hand sanitizers. Survival products: coffee beans, tea, chocolate, the book on the 5 S's, iTunes gift card to buy a white noise app or d/l a game for MOTN feedings? Baby essentials: swaddle, nose Frida, pacis, infant Tylenol, thermometer, a list of funny mom blogs?

Hope some of those are useful ideas
  • Kushies washclothes (they are the perfect size for everything baby and look cute too; love the Earth Mama Angel Baby diaper cream (if she is going to nurse their nipple cream is fantastic too); Sophie the Giraffe; infant Tylenol; Thermometer; pack of organic cloth diapers as burp cloths; Zutano booties (they are the only thing that stays on his feet); maybe a nicer bottle of hand sanitizer for all of the visitors; coconut oil (for everything- so many uses); a recipe for lactation cookies (again if she's going to nurse) and it would be awesome to include brewers yeast and flax with it because those can be hard to find and it sucks to go looking for htem with a brand new infant if you are already worried about supply
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awesome ideas, thanks!
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • I just did the same thing for my cousin. For momma I included fuzzy socks (for the hospital), Lansinoh gel pads, Medela steam bags (I know she's going to pump) and a Planet Wise wet bag. For baby I included a&a bamboo swaddle blanket, Sophie the Giraffe, receiving blankets, Nose Frida, Mortimor the Moose (a Lamaze brand toy), and some of those rings you attach toys to on strollers and playmats.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • Medela steam bags, prefold cloth diapers as burp/everything rags, itzbeen timer, Tylenol, gas drops, clippers, nose Frieda, nail files, scratch mittens

• Baby Got Colic song!!
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Nose Frida, Aquaphor, Lanoish nipple cream, Bamboobies, Miracle Blanket or Swaddle Mes, a couple of pairs of Baby Legs (I use these a ton!) Mortimer Moose or Captain Calamari, Aden and Anais blankets, coconut oil. If I really loved her, I would use an RNP as the basket and stuff full of stuff.

• Snowbird7Snowbird7 member
    edited January 2014
    A mommy friend did a great thing for me -- when she gave me something like Neutrogena hand lotion, lip balm, lanolin nipple cream, etc., she gave me several of each in small sizes. That way, I had one in the nursery, in my purse, on the bedside table, on the coffee table, under a couch cushion, in the bathroom, on the kitchen counter, etc. So whenever LO fell asleep in my arms, the product I needed was usually within arm's reach.

Edit -- punctuation

• Michelle NMichelle N member
    edited January 2014
    wash cloths and baby socks are the things we seem to be scrambling for the most! We use the cloths instead of wipes though, so we go through a TON every day. 
    Edit to add: the nose frida is another must have product for us. 
  • I second the EMAB bottom balm and add nipple butter in that too. I use them both so much, and I don't even BF. The nipple butter clears up baby acne, chapped chins, and just about anything else. Also, I love happiest baby on the block, a good swaddle me, and a "baby got colic" cd.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • I'd say Aquaphor. I tried a whole bunch of diaper cream and nothing worked as good as Aquaphor. And also.. now that it's cold out, he gets chapped cheeks (face, not butt :P) and it helps with that too. 

Also helps with the teething drool chin! Or any red mark for that matter. Anytime DD has any small scratches or marks I put it on her at night and in the morning there's no mark. DH and I use it also on our chapped hands.

• MrsI said:
    I'd say Aquaphor. I tried a whole bunch of diaper cream and nothing worked as good as Aquaphor. And also.. now that it's cold out, he gets chapped cheeks (face, not butt :P) and it helps with that too. 
    Also helps with the teething drool chin! Or any red mark for that matter. Anytime DD has any small scratches or marks I put it on her at night and in the morning there's no mark. DH and I use it also on our chapped hands.

Yes! I use it on my extremely dry hands and lo's cheeks too! I love aquaphor
  • Great suggestions! I'm also making one for a friend -- in addition to some of the stuff above I included a pack of k-cups, an insulated water bottle with a straw, a gift card to amazon (this is her second baby, same sex born in the same season... So not sure what she needs!), a candle, some chocolate, a bottle of good hand lotion, a bottle of good body scrub, a bottle of colace. :)
  • Saline solution, the spray kind
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nose Frida

I swear I am going to give it as a gift to all of my friends when they have kids. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• For Mommy - granola bars, cliff bars any easy snacks. This is one thing I've been telling all the people I know who are pregnant.
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"