baby STTN after sleep training success
8% 4 votes
a mix of the above
26% 12 votes
SS
2% 1 vote

Re: sleepy time

• Options
    she sleeps with us and i dont think she will ever sleep through the night lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

@lyndsihutson I feel you.  We now put her to sleep with a bottle or cuddles, she goes to her crib and sleeps until 12, 2 4 or once a week or so we get a full night... but whatever time she wakes I bring her to bed... so I feel like she sleeps with us.. and I am not working very hard to change it...

I love when she wakes and pops her head up to look for us... and the morning chatter can go up to 30 minutes.... except on days where her diaper is so full I am scared it will leak :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO loves her night time sleep. Since 5 months she has been in her own crib, own room and sleeps 12-13 hours. Sometimes teething or sickness screw it up, but maybe 2 or 3 times. We got really lucky after a super rough, difficult first few months!
  • Options

@ssmb_clarinet we had great luck from birth till about 9 months...never an issue STTN every night....but then everything changed and we didn't adapt well

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We are sleep training....everytime we get him to the point where we are close and he is consistently STTN (well. Let ne rephrase that, at least stays in hs own room in his own crib until at least 4:30 or so) he gets sick and we're back to he starts out in his crib and then he's sleeping with us.

When he's doing well he's still up at least once crying (usually around 2 or so) but it lasts less than 10 min and he's back to sleep. Just long enough to wake me....
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have a's crib beside our bed like a cosleeper, where he's always slept. Sometimes he wakes 1-2 times just to drink his water bottle a little, then rolls over back to sleep. On crazy nights it's 3-5 times. Our house was pretty dry then but we are working on that! Last night he didn't wake until 3 or 4 am and it was because he peed out. So that was AMAZING! Up at six. Which is better than the 5 it has been but I'd love to see 7 or 8!!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    L slept through the night like a dream until 6 months when she learned to crawl, and since then it's been chaos. She would wake up and start crawling (and then standing, and now walking) and not be able to sit/lay herself back down.  If I try to help her sit/lay back down, she screams like she's being injured. Now most nights she just sleeps with us because then I actually get to sleep.  We also have the crib next to the bed like a co-sleeper which she seems to like a bit more, so we're working on getting her to actually sleep there... so far no dice.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    H was a great sleeper until about 7 months.
    We are sleeping training for naps and middle of the night right now. He does good putting hinself to sleep for bedtime. He usually sleeps until 11 or 1 then we let him cry/whine for 10 minutes, go in and comfort and then he can put himself back to sleep. We started sleep training for naps this weekend. It went really well for DH. Hope it goes just as well for me during the week.

• Options
    Emma loves her sleep!! Ready and asking to go to bed at 7/7:30 pm and sleeps through until 7 am! She's been doing that since she was 3/4 months and would only wake up once in the MOTN to BF when she was little. Even teething hasn't screwed up her sleep and she has about 4 more teeth coming in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Right now, she's got a good routine that she developed on her own.  No sleep training needed.  She'll give us cues between 7:00 and 7:30 that she's ready for bed.  We will put her in her bed and she's out for 12 hours.  We've learned recently that if you shut the door to her room, she goes to sleep better.  (She might wimper a while when you put her down, and I stand outside her door to make sure she's not in distress).

She was an awful sleeper earlier on.  But I think we've learned that she needs complete darkness and quiet in order to sleep.  She wasn't getting that being in our room.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    M sleeps from about 730 to 630 and goes to sleep on her own in crib although lately she is up in the MOTN for an hour. We just rock away in the rocking chair. Lately I don't mind. It's sweet.
  • Options
    DD has been sleeping pretty well since 9 months with no real sleep training.  Bedtime is 8pm and during the week we get her up by 6:30am, but she sleeps in on weekends when we let her get up on her own. She's fine talking in her bed is she's up before we're ready.  She had some rough nights in September and November, but those were condensed into a week or two.

• Options
    @Chickie79 We are doing the same thing we did for bedtime, just a different routine and book. Change diaper, turn on sound machine, shut curtains, read book, and lay in crib. Today went well. He talked to himself for about 20 minutes but then fell asleep. 

• Options
    My vote is for option one. He sleeps in his own room and STTN about 98% on the time (2% is when he is sick).

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    GargitaGargita member
    edited January 2014
    H started consistently wanting to fall asleep on his own at night and STTN shortly after his first birthday.  Prior to that, STTN had been pretty hit or miss.  Now if he wakes MOTN, I give him a sippy of water and he's back out.  We never did any sleep training, just followed his cues.

image   My chart 

• Options
    Z sleeps through the night but only when he sleeps with us. he hates sleeping by himself. we're gonna try again at 18 months to get him to sleep in his own bed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    she sleeps with us and i dont think she will ever sleep through the night lol
    THIS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"