2nd Trimester

19 weeks and still no movement :(

This is LO #2 and I have yet to feel anything and its freaking me out. With DD I felt movement at 16 weeks. Ugh :(

Re: 19 weeks and still no movement :(

• CharSamm said:

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure everything is fine if your pregnancy has gone well so far. A friend of mine didn't feel anything until 22 weeks and she has had a wonderful pregnancy! Do you have an a/s soon?

Yes this Thursday. But it still makes me a nervous wreck.

• mrsgerman said:

You might have an anterior placenta

What's an anterior placenta?
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't worry- it's normal! I have an anterior placenta meaning it is on the front wall and acts as a buffer when the baby kicks/moves. I just started feeling movement this week- I'm 21 1/2 weeks
    My doctor said it is completely normal to not feel the baby until 22 to even 24 weeks.
  • They will be able to tell you at your ultrasound if you have an anterior or posterior placenta.
  • I have an anterior placenta. I barely feel any movement. I felt DS at 16 weeks.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just found out today I have anterior placenta too - I felt DD so early, I was sure I would have already felt #2 as well. That explains it!

& it's not a bad thing... it's just where the placenta attaches.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

BabyFruit Ticker>
  • Both my placentas are on the back wall but I only ever feel baby a kick. Baby b is facing toward her placenta most of the time and either kicks to the back or kicks baby a. I sometimes feel pressure when she moves. Try not to worry about it, but I know that's easier said than done.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • Don't fret, I'm 21 weeks and haven't had any movement yet either.  I've had my a/s and have been told everything is fine and that it's nothing to worry about.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm at 21 weeks and just started to feel movement last week.  It feels a bit like muscle spasms in my lower abdomen....they get more noticeable as you go along.  I also have an anterior placenta. 
  • 19 weeks, FTM, not showing or feeling anything. I carry my weight in my belly, but I'm still in my regular jeans. Sigh.

•  Baby b is facing toward her placenta most of the time and either kicks to the back or kicks baby a.

So the sibling rivalries have already begun....

;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with everyone else. I have an anterior placenta, and I just barely started feeling little flutters sporadically in the last couple of days. Totally normal. :)

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• ara22ara22 member
    edited January 2014
    FTM, almost 20 weeks..I barely feel anything except when I'm lying down, right before bed.  Also feels like little spasms/twitches - not like the "fluttering" I've heard about!!  Will also, definitely, feel more relaxed after A/S !  

• Well no anterior placenta. But everything looked okay. So I guess I just can't feel him move yet for whatever reason
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"