March 2014 Moms
Options

Stomach measuring small..:(

I am currently 32 weeks and we had an ultrasound last week. She is measuring at 29 weeks and has a small stomach doctor said. In the 5% :( anybody else have this problem. We go back the 30th for another ultra sound and he said he will be concerned if it goes under 5%.

Re: Stomach measuring small..:(

• Options
    No experience ! I would like to know myself what does it mean when the stomach is measuring small. Hope you get positive answers next time though .
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this! I have no advice, I just wanted to send you thoughts and prayers for you and your baby girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you guys. I've searched the internet which is always a bad thing I know. All I've seen is women getting induced early or scheduled c section ...Which I'm praying that does not happen!
  • Options
    I'm measuring small too by about two weeks ( well she is per US), I go to maternal fetal tomorrow for another US as she has a cyst the size of her bladder in her pelvis. So I can sympathize about how worried you are. Hang In there
  • Options

Thank you guys. I've searched the internet which is always a bad thing I know. All I've seen is women getting induced early or scheduled c section ...Which I'm praying that does not happen!

Dr. Google is not your friend! Call your doctor and see if you can get in before your next appointment to get your questions answered. I know that in the moment when you get news it can shock you and you don't think of questions to ask, so try and get in next week. Make a list of what you want to know.
  • Options
    I am in a similar situation.  I had my check up last week and measured small.  It was a 32 week check up and I measured 30. My OB said anything within 4 is normal, so I am still in the normal range, but on the smaller end.  I am having an ultrasound at my next check up.  My OB said not to worry because I do not smoke/drink and my blood pressure has always been great.  She is guessing my baby is going to be on the smaller end because I am petite.  I am also worried, but trying not to panic because my OB was reassuring and I trust her.  I hope your baby continues to grow!
  • Options
    My belly was measuring a lot behind at my 28 week appt so they did an ultrasound. Then they did another one two weeks later to check her growth. Her percentile stayed about the same (26th to 24th, so not as small I know), so they won't do another for 4-6 weeks to make sure she's still growing appropriately.

They said if she wasn't growing appropriately then they would induce or do a c section between 34 and 36 weeks. They said that's what they would do if she was under 10th percentile. Not sure if that's standard or not.

They also said that her head was measuring on track, but that her femur was 2-3 weeks behind, which just indicates a small baby instead of a problem. I know every situation is different and that's just my experience so far'

I know it's hard not to worry and look stuff up. Hoping you get good news at your next ultrasound! Their only advice for me was to eat well, drink a lot of water, and rest as much as possible. Good luck!

• Options
    Thank you! They said everything else was normal just on the smaller size 15%! :( seems low...and the doctor did say I was going to have a small baby bc of me being so tiny. What is your babes weight? My little one is 3.1lbs.
  • Options
    Op is talking about her baby's stomach, I'm pretty sure, not her own.
    Hoping it means nothing and you just have a peanut in there :)
    Try not to stress and don't google!
    This LO was measuring 3lbs 10oz at the last ultrasound, last Monday- 30 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    clo1982clo1982 member
    edited January 2014
    Hopefully everything is just fine and you just have a little peanut. I honestly don't know how the prenatal size charts work but I can say that once dd was born she was barely on the size/weight chart for the first 1.5 years of her life. Not a thing wrong with her and she looked like a normal size baby to everyone, but according to the charts she was very very small. If the pre and post natal chart things are the same then as long as they are growing on their own scale it is usually ok.
  • Options
    At 28 weeks she was 2 lbs 2 oz and at 30 weeks she was 2 lbs 10 oz. My first baby was 7 lbs 12 oz at birth, so I don't have a history of little babies, so I think that played a part in them doing the ultrasound and stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"