July 2013 Moms
Options

Diaper Rash?

Hey ladies. Poor Riley has some very red skin on her lady bits and up her tush crack. I'm thinking these are just diaper rash spots. But should I worry about a food allergy or anything? She had a few other red spots at bath time tonight (neck folds and armpit). Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper Rash?

• Options
    Not sure. v has never had diaper rash. What did she eat/drink?

Bonus: 

• Options
    She drank formula and ate cereal and mangoes. The cereal is new. I noticed this last night and thought it was from a hot bath, but her skins red again tonight.

A little baby powder? Or A&D?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would lean more toward diaper rash.  Food allergies usually present on the face I believe.  I have seen things like tomatoes that are acidic cause diaper rash though.  I would do the A & D over the powder.
  • Options
    Stina2012 said:
    Hey ladies. Poor Riley has some very red skin on her lady bits and up her tush crack. I'm thinking these are just diaper rash spots. But should I worry about a food allergy or anything? She had a few other red spots at bath time tonight (neck folds and armpit). Thanks!

Sudden bright redness down there is a sign of teething. It came and went every few days when L started teething. Something about the acid in the excess saliva? We just put the "treat" blue tube of A+D ointment on it until it calmed down. I always use the "prevent" brown tube of A+D ointment otherwise. Did the other neck and armpit spots fade? I've noticed that her skin is very responsive... If I get her clothes off quickly, I still see the marks from where I was just holding onto her torso. Maybe that's it?
  • Options
    Laurendag said:
    EagleWife said:
    Stina2012 said:

Sudden bright redness down there is a sign of teething. It came and went every few days when L started teething. Something about the acid in the excess saliva? We just put the "treat" blue tube of A+D ointment on it until it calmed down. I always use the "prevent" brown tube of A+D ointment otherwise. Did the other neck and armpit spots fade? I've noticed that her skin is very responsive... If I get her clothes off quickly, I still see the marks from where I was just holding onto her torso. Maybe that's it?
    @eaglewife D had a red bumpy rash like line down his scrotum tonight during his last diaper change (right after bath time). He has a tooth breaking through right now, is that possibly what the line is from? I put some diaper cream on it and will check it in the morning.

Possibly, @LaurenDag. Does it go towards the back of his little heiny too? For us it was bright red with darker red spots in the deepest part of the crack. :(
  • Options
    DS also got diaper rash a couple weeks ago when his two teeth cut. He wasn't eating solids yet and nothing else changed, so my best guess was also teething.

We used some Desitin for a few days and it cleared up. I thought baby powder was a no no now?

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    bobcee said:

DS also got diaper rash a couple weeks ago when his two teeth cut. He wasn't eating solids yet and nothing else changed, so my best guess was also teething.

We used some Desitin for a few days and it cleared up. I thought baby powder was a no no now?

Powder is a no no due to talc in the lungs. But a few days of some powder applied thoughtfully couldn't hurt. We used cornstarch on her back for a heat rash. And baking powder to minimize a rash. Both helped over Christmas.
  • Options
    Stina2012 said:

bobcee said:

Powder is a no no due to talc in the lungs. But a few days of some powder applied thoughtfully couldn't hurt. We used cornstarch on her back for a heat rash. And baking powder to minimize a rash. Both helped over Christmas.
    Good to know. Then in your case I may go with something that's worked for you before.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"