January 2013 Moms
Options

Help/Your Opinion

So this is kind of a long story, but I would appreciate your opinion. DD started whole milk two weekends ago, the weekend before she started back at daycare after my winter break. She was doing amazingly at daycare prior to break. I expected a little tough transition back, but she has been getting worse everyday. She is only content if her daycare provider is literally sitting right next to her. As soon as she walks away to make a bottle, feed another baby, etc DD cries. She has no problem with me leaving, just clings to the provider all day. She went through this same phase at 8 months, but grew out of it. So I guess my question is, is she still having a rough transition back? Is it possible the whole milk is affecting her, even though her poop is totally normal? I thought about the milk first, but her poop is totally normal and she is relatively content at home. Sorry if this is confusing, there are just so many details.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help/Your Opinion

• Options
    I don't think it's the milk really if she's ok at home. It's likely just frustration that shes back in daycare. Hang in there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LO has been going through a clingy stage, so could be just that.  If your LO had formula before, it probably isn't a problem with the milk.  But she could be hungry since milk is less filling the formula.  Esp if she is objecting to others getting bottles.  Perhaps you could send more food?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would think it's just that she's having a rough transition back, like PP said. Especially if she isn't having issues with drinking the milk at home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was just telling DH how clingy DD had been to me recently. She doesn't want to be put down and wants to nurse constantly. So to me it seems like your DD is going through a clingy phase. She's zeroed in on the provider as someone for comfort, etc.

Hopefully she'll come around soon! I agree with PP that it doesn't seem milk related.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DS is very clingy right now which is not the norm for him. I think it is a pretty common phase at this age. Hang in there. FWIW i would rule out the milk as an issue.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    Thanks ladies! It is comforting to know that other babies are going through a clingy stage too. We have been slowly introducing milk so she atill gets it as a bottle mixed with formula. She gets 1/4 formula 3/4 milk right now, per her pedi. Her provider questioned the milk as well, but then also brought up that her poop is the same so it must be something developmental. She just feels bad because she just wants DD to have fun there again like she used to, which I do too. It makes it 10 times harder to go to work knowing she is going through this. The only comfort is that she is clinging to her provider and she is not miserable because of me. That sounds weird to say, but I at least know she trusts her provider and is comfortable with her. Let's hope this phase ends soon for all of us!!
  • Options
    We are going through a clingy phase again as well. No stranger danger, but when she's home with DH (who she adores and runs to when he gets home) she will FLIP if I leave the room, reaches for me when DH holds her, etc. she did this for a few weeks around 9mos as well. Hopefully it won't last too long and she'll be back to her normal self!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"