Pregnant after IF

::lurker:: one tube success stories?

Hi ladies and hi to my fellow 2IF-ers.

I need some success stories. I just lost my second pregnancy (it had a heartbeat) but was tubal. I also lost my left tube :(

Is there anyone on here that has had success with only one tube?

TIA and congrats to everyone. I still hope to join you someday.

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: ::lurker:: one tube success stories?

• edited January 2014
    I did.  My second month off the bench after two doses MTX and left tube removal.  My only good follie was on the left side both months but the second month, my RIGHT tube picked it up and we got our BFP.  It was my 2nd ectopic and I think it helped having the "comfy" tube removed.  I certainly wish you the best. 

Getting the news that I needed emergency surgery and would lose my tube was devestating because it really cuts your chances.... but keep the faith.  Your body can do AMAZING things!  

Feel free to pm me if you have more questions or need support!

ETA:I have other dx that required medication to ovulate but we this cycle was just TI.
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: 06/12 Dx w/ IR PCOS (rx 2000 metformin) DH: SA all clear; looking good
    06/12-10/12- Clomid/Femara + trigger + TI + P4 = 3 BFNs, hysteroscopy, polypectomy, D&C
    11/12 - 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + P4 = BFN
    12/12 - Surprise BFP ectopic (MTX 01/13)
    04/13 - Off the Bench! 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI #2 + estradiol + P4 = BFN
    05/13 Clear HSG-5 mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + IUI #3 + P4 = BFP ectopic (MTX 07/03 & 07/11)
    07/23 emergency lap to remove ectopic mass and left tube
    10/13 5mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + TI(follie on left/no IUI)=BFN
    11/13 Same as above but BFP!
    Beta #1 12dpo-51     Beta #2 15dpo-178
    12/5- There's something in my ute!!
    Keaton Alexander is here 07/24/2014 !!
  • @KC1212 I am sorry to hear about your loss and hope your recovery goes well. I had my right tube removed earlier this year due to a hydro so a bit different, but my 2nd IUI worked. Please let me know if you have any questions. Best of luck to you!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MJC1116MJC1116 member
    edited January 2014
    I've been lurking and my heart broke when I read all that you have been through. You have been in my prayers every day since the CP and I know in my heart that things will turn around for you. Sending you love and hugs! <3

Edit: correcting stupid autocorrect
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KC, I'm so sorry to hear this. It made me cry a little, knowing you are going through that. I had almost the exact same situation as PP above. I had three miscarriages, then an ectopic. They tried giving me two doses of methotrexate, but it didn't work. I eventually had to have my right tube (along with baby that my body refused to let go) removed. It was so hard. Then, for a while we couldn't get pregnant at all. Turned I had a cyst on my left ovary that we suspect was preventing the egg from making it to the tube. So I have a normal right ovary and a normal left tube. We gave up after that, but lo and behold we got pregnant. The corpus luteum cyst was on my right side, so the egg had jumped across to my left tube, since I no longer have a tube on my right side. And, hopefully, your right tube and ovary are both fine which will increase your chances even more. Huge hugs to you, and I hope to see you here soon!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Firstly, I am SO, SO sorry for your loss.  Huge hugs to you and your DH.  

Here is our *kind of long* success story, ending in IVF.  

We tried unsuccessfully with a blocked tube and one that was supposedly open with IUIs for over a year.  We had to wait until I was ovulating on the open side, so that was a pain.  Then, my RE noticed one tube was a hydro and scheduled removal of the offending tube.  I was told before surgery that if the other one had an issue, she would remove it as well.  After surgery, she told me that both tubes were damaged, but not completely blocked - so she opened them and untwisted them the best she could.  She said that we should keep trying.  If it didn't work in the next 6 months, it probably wouldn't.  I was actually pretty disappointed that she left that tube in, as I knew it increased my odds for an ectopic pg and also could effect my odds for pg in IVF.   
    After a year without a +, I picked out a great OBGyn and he assessed the situation with another HSG, etc.  We did surgery to remove the blocked tube, and he said the other didn't have anything visually wrong with it, but that if the cilia were damaged, it still wouldn't work.  He recommended we go back to the RE immediately and schedule IVF, as I was an ideal candidate.  
    We waited another year and a half, hoping something would work with the remaining tube.  When I didn't get pg, we went back to the RE, scheduled IVF, and began immediately.  
    3 months later, I got my first + in 13 years - pregnant with these beautiful twins.  
    There are some important things to keep in mind:  
    1.  They're right, you only need 1 good tube.  It's hard to know, however, if the one you have is good on the inside - it may be perfect.  If one tube is good, it really only cuts the chances the month you're ovulating on that side.  I would try a few cycles of IUI on the months you're ovulating on your 'good' side.  
    2.  Women with tubal issues are perfect candidates for IVF and usually have amazingly high success rates, even on the 1st try.  IVF sounds incredibly crazy, but I wish we'd jumped in a long time ago.  Although, the timing of these babies is absolutely perfect, in hindsight.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Sorry for your loss.

I have both tubes, but my right tube is blocked so it's out of commission.

I am pregnant now, but it took IVF to get me there.

Hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards