Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Newborn has not pooped

Hello, 

I need help. My 8 day old has not pooped in one day. I did the thermometer trick and it has not worked yet. Any other ideas? She is on formula and eating well. 

Her tummy is soft and I have been massaging it. Thanks for any help. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Newborn has not pooped

• I would say call the pedi if you are worried but she should be OK if she doesnt seem like she is in any pain.  Sometimes they go through periods of not pooping for a day or so... just like we do. This happened with my LO a few weeks ago and she was really gassy, we bicycled her legs a bit, gave her gas drops and waited it out till morning.  I was just getting ready to call the doctor and she had a major diaper explosion.  We have been back to normal ever since.
  • Agree with pp. My LO has gone thru stages of pooping every diaper change to 3 times a day to every other day to now once a day. As long as the belly is soft and LO is not in pain/struggling you should be good. But as always if it eases your mind call your doc.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD stopped going everyday.  She goes every other day, sometimes doesn't go for 2 days.  She is also EFF.  When she does go it is soft, that's what matters.  DS get extremely constipated and when he was a baby, he was pooping pebbles.  We then had to switch formulas to a gentle one and that helped. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with Snoopy. It's normal, please don't stick anything else up there.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Formula can be constipating. Talk to your pedi, but I think its ok for them to go several days without pooping. You only need to worry if she seems uncomfortable.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• My pedi said its okay if they don't poop everyday, but it is cause for concern if they don't pee everyday.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"