October 2013 Moms
Options

Don't knock me up

We definitely don't want another child right now so I tried going back on the pill, but it turns me into a raging bitch. I'd rather not feel like this. How are you ladies preventing another pregnancy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Don't knock me up

• Options
    Condoms then in a couple months we will do P&P and finally NFP once my cycle comes back. I want to start trying again next fall so if I get KTFU it's not a huge deal.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Mini pill and condoms.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mirena
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Paragard... Hormone free!
  • Options
    Condoms. That's it. Maybe once my cycle regulates a little NFP and less reliance on the condoms.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    rsigler said:

This.
    How are your periods? I don't think I like the Mirena but was nervous about the paragard

• Options
    Using condoms for now, if we ever decide to have sex again :)  Will probably TTC again in nine months or so so I'm not going to bother with any pills or other forms.  After we're done with babies though, I'm definitely getting back on the pill... made my periods SO much less painful.  

• Options
    Ycu2013 said:

No birth control other than pulling the train out of the station. We have done it this way for the last 7.5 years! Occasionally we use condoms.

Nice I was wondering if this approach was effective.

• Options
    Jalee85 said:

Condoms then in a couple months we will do P&P and finally NFP once my cycle comes back. I want to start trying again next fall so if I get KTFU it's not a huge deal.

NFP interests me, but it sounds like a lot of work.

• Options
    caseyp10 said:

Jalee85 said:

NFP interests me, but it sounds like a lot of work.

It takes a bit to get used to, but it just becomes habit. I could never temp because my sleep is broken up through the night. So I just double verify O with an OPKS. You can get them really cheap on Amazon.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options

Born-again virgin.

Yep.

• Options

This. I have heard bad things about the periods, but I haven't had one yet.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    Paraguard! And my periods are the same as they were on birth control but a friend of a friend has awful ones so it just depends on the person.
  • Options
    caseyp10 said:

Ycu2013 said:

No birth control other than pulling the train out of the station. We have done it this way for the last 7.5 years! Occasionally we use condoms.

</blockquote

Ask my LO just how effective the pullout method is. He'll tell you how his parents used it for 3 years before he came along. :|
  • Options

caseyp10 said:

Ycu2013 said:

Yikes.

• Options
    Abstinence
    Condoms
    Pull and pray - kidding

• Options
    caseyp10 said:

Ycu2013 said:

And I must add that both of my pregnancies were intentional lol. My doc about fell out of his chair when he asked what I was doing for birth control during an annual exam. My DS1 was 3.5 I said...uhhh pulling the train out! He was like ''you haven't been able to get pregnant for 3.5
    years?!'' lol I'm very fortunate in only have taken a month to get a BFP both times. He told me he'd see me back in his office with another baby bump soon. Lol
  • Options
    reederahreederah member
    edited January 2014
    I was on the mini pill but I'm not a fan of the hormones so we're using condoms. Once my cycle returns ill do nfp.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    Nothing other than breastfeeding. We deal with IF issues so if another pregnancy occurred easily we'd be shocked and blessed!

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    NFP and pulling out. H and I have always pulled out since we met 5 years ago.
  • Options
    Condoms. My midwife was also down for a diaphragm if I wanted one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    The pull out method worked for us great until we were happily surprised by our first lol. I'm getting the mirena in a few weeks since my doctor said that the periods and cramps were bad with paragaurd. I'm so scared of getting the mirena though. Trying to look at the big picture which is no more babies for a while lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mirena.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    Abstinence plus paragaurd....just in case.

• Options
    Mirena.  Just in case we have sex again.
    Anniversary
    February Signature Challenge: Valentine's Day GIFs

image     image     image
  • Options

Ycu2013 said:

Yeah. That's what we used too. It totes works. Until it doesn't.
    I'm curious to know how it stopped working...I know that one blow inside could cause the BFP, but even in the heat of the moment he has never not pulled out.

• Options
    I went back on the mini pill, but my cycle is all messed up. My period came back at 6 weeks and I feel like I've had 4 or 5 in this 6 week span. I didn't start the new pack last week in hopes of regulating. DH can suffer because there will be no child in here for quite a long time!
  • Options
    Mini pill combined with the pull and pray. I'm also EBF, so banking on a little bit of added protection. 

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ycu2013 It's called Pre-cum and the semen in that is just as good at swimming as the "full load" lol. Obviously there is a lot less swimmers to worry about, but it only takes 1. I'm comfortable taking my chances because I want another one, but there is alway that risk.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Ycu2013 said:

Ycu2013 said:

I'm curious to know how it stopped working...I know that one blow inside could cause the BFP, but even in the heat of the moment he has never not pulled out.

Yes, precum. The chances are slim, but it does happen and I have living proof. It's one of the most ineffective forms of bc.
  • Options

Ycu2013 said:

Ycu2013 said:

Yes, precum. The chances are slim, but it does happen and I have living proof. It's one of the most ineffective forms of bc.
    I have a couple friends that got pregnant this way less than a year after having a baby when it worked for years before.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The vag is closed for business. #sorrynotsorry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah pull and pray = not effective. Mirena for this girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    Mirena

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options
    Mirena.
  • Options
    I have had four friends use Mirena and the thing has came out. How in the hell? Pretty crazy I know that many girls it has happened to though. .

• Options
    Avoid it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"