Success after IF

Baby Reflux - Help!

Nia is 3 weeks today, she's preemie, supposed to be born 12/26. She eats well and is growing great. But DAMN this reflux is driving me mad. I seriously am scared to sleep, I'm nervous she'll choke in her sleep. We had an appt today with her pedi, she is having us try some different formula. Also trying diff nipples. But she has so much congestion. She spits up bubbles, and formula. I'm so worried, I seriously am feeling depressed about all of this, I just wanna be a great mommy.

Any reflux advice?
TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --

Re: Baby Reflux - Help!

• luvbostonluvboston member
    edited January 2014
    Formula doesn't really help that much in preemies you need drugs my LO is on Zantac and Prilosec

Also putting cereal in the bottle 1 tsp for 2 ounces
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• We've done everything- Zantac, probiotics, baby massage and chiro. I BF, so I can't comment in formula. I think these things really helped, but really what helps the most is that they get older and grow out of it.

I would have your baby sleep in a swing or a RNP. They also have wedges that you can order online that you can strap your infant to.

Good luck. Reflux really sucks.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Have they discussed reflux meds with you?  DS was on Nizatidine (I think that's what it was called?).  We also switched him to Gentlease formula (we were supplementing) and switched his bottles to ones that made him less gassy.  So not sure which made him better or if it was just a combo of it all, but we stuck with it.  We also held him upright or sat him up for 20 minutes after eating. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I'm so sorry! My boys were 36 weekers and both had reflux (one was silent). They'd do that awful choking thing that made it seem as if they were seizing. So scary!! Zantac helped my spitter (with pain, did nothing for spit up) and the other just seemed to grow out of it. The other girls have good tips, but I just wanted to say- hang in there! It's a hard go, but it will end one day :).
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I'm just lurking/visiting from the PAIF board, but thought I'd say hi and chime in. I'm glad Nia is doing well! My DS (who is now 7) had terrible reflux issues until he was one. He had ridiculous spitting up and projectile vomiting, and was on Zantac for months, then put on Prilosec. He went from average size at birth (7lb10oz) to the .75 percentile in weight (not even in the first percentile). It was terrible! He was so skinny because he couldn't keep anything down. They ran the test where they have him take a bottle of the stuff that glows on x-ray to check out his plumbing and it was fine. He just had to grow out of it. I remember to this day he had his last projectile vomit episode the day of his first birthday party. He was actually placed back on Prilosec last year to help with stomach pain, and it seems to have done the trick. I'm so sorry you guys are struggling with this, but time will help hopefully. DS's pediatrician ordered him to sleep in his car seat until he was six months old for fear of choking, because we had several scares. Good luck and hopefully she will outgrow it soon!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"