2nd Trimester

14 weeks and Pressure under the rib cage

Hello,  I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing pressure below their ribcage.  I think it is too soon for organs to be getting pushed up into this area.  It isn't painful, just feel a little tight.

Re: 14 weeks and Pressure under the rib cage

• I get like that when I get super gasy. But it didn't start until around the 17w mark for me

BabyFruit Ticker
    *~*Landon Robert Montoya*~*
  • I had a pain that felt like a broken rib under my left rib at the beginning of my second trimester.  I did a lot of Googling and it seemed normal.  Luckily, it's since disappeared!  At least for now.  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Could it be heartburn?  I was getting lots of pressure in my chest, right between my boobs and I was so nauseas.  I wasn't sure if it was heartburn or not, tried Tums and GasX off and on, but nothing made a big difference.  I did some research online then talked to my OB at my last appt and she recommended Zantac or Pepcid, I feel so much better!  Guess you can have heartburn w/o the burn.  =)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had rib pain for most of my last pregnancy. 
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • I've been having pain in my right side about 2 inches below my boob since about 14 weeks. Cones and goes, not related to heartburn or gas. It's annoying & is pretty painful!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• I would tell your OB. I had high BP that resulted in hospital bedrest and was told to notify the nurses right away of any pain below my breasts because it could be my liver. Better to just mention it to your doc to rule out anything of concern.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • I had this sort of pressure/tightness around 12 weeks. I felt like my ribs were expanding. I think it was related to bloating, constipation, and gas. It is gone now. I'm 16 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"