2nd Trimester

Heartburn questions

With my previous pregnancies I did not have a big issue with heartburn.  This time however has been very different.  I don't have a burning sensation but I have lots of pressure in my chest, so much that I thought I still had morning sickness until recently because I was so nauseas.  I had an appt this AM and they said I could start Zantac.  I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if they tried Zantac or anything else.  I wasn't consistent before with taking Tums and they seemed to help a little, but not a lot.  Also, I get so hungry (and then a little nauseas) and when I eat I get full so fast and then the pressure in my chest which makes me nauseas, then hungry again soon after.  I'm tired of feeling like this, and it's really wearing me down.  I've tried keeping track of what I eat/drink but haven't seen a definitive cause.  Any advice/tips would be helpful.    
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Heartburn questions

• I had issues with this during my 1st PG. Nothing really helped. I either dealt with it or avoided the foods that gave me heartburn the most. It probably means your LO will have a head full of hair!! :)
  • I have a ton of heartburn and was eating tums like crazy so the gave me a prescription take one pill a day no heartburn since and safer then eating tums all day!!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first, but I've always had issues with heartburn even before I got pregnant. Due to work issues in a much earlier job, I had ulcers that are no longer bothering me...but they've messed up my heartburn since then. Right now, I have no safe foods. Some days, certain things will set it off...others, completely other things. Water early in the morning has a bad habit of doing this.

My OB told me to use Pepcid because of the previous ulcer issues. Well, since Tums was basically acting like a very temporary bandaid (wouldn't even help for an hour before it would come back). The heartburn is the only thing happening this pregnancy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                image image image
  • Thanks ladies.  I started the Zantac and I cannot believe how much better I feel.  Much happier, and more productive at home too.  Feeling so miserable was really wearing on me!
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes took Zantac and do with this pregnancy also. My dr recommended tagament because it had a longer history of research but I just stuck with what I'm used too from my previous pregnancies ( this is a different dr)
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Drinking milk helps me tons.
  • Milk, yogurt and icecream help me too, but it's not enough.  Though it was with my first 2.  The Zantac has truly been a life changer for me this time around.
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"