March 2014 Moms

Anyone else's BH contractions starting to get more uncomfortable?

I've noticed a distinct increase in how uncomfortable mine are over the past few days. I asked the dr about them and she just said until they are regular and PAINFUL, it's just kind of how it is. So, I'm not concerned, just generally more annoyed that yet another symptom has cropped up WAY earlier than it did with my first pregnancy. With that I only got them very late in the game, so it was a few weeks of discomfort then I had DD. This time I keep thinking 'holy cow I still have over a month and a half!!!'

Re: Anyone else's BH contractions starting to get more uncomfortable?

• Yes, they are starting to feel more uncomfortable. Just like you, they didn't even start yet when I was pg with DD. Blah.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes mine have been getting worse also.
    imageimageimage

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I never had any while pregnant with DD, and I just started having them this pregnancy.  They aren't uncomfortable yet, but the fact that I'm having them at all is very different.  Hope yours don't get any more uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Yes. I'm a FTM and 33w so your posts make me nervous about future pregnancies. "/ And like PP they really make me feel like I'm gonna pee myself then when I go it's like 2 drops. :-??
  • Mine have been pretty uncomfy lately.  Midwife told me at my appt today that baby is now head down, so that can make it a bit painful.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine are much more painful/uncomfortable that they used to be.  This happens as I get bigger.  Same as last pregnancy.  I only expect them to get worse.  However, the nurses always say that if you have a ton of contractions before labor, the labor will be quick!  That's the good news!

BabyFruit Ticker

• LW78 said:
    Mine aren't painful but they are more frequent. The uncomfortablness comes from my belly getting larger. And they always make me feel like I have a pee emergency.
    Man, I can relate. The more intense the bh, the more my bladder feels like it's ready to explode. It has been waking me up an night! Sucks!
  • Yes, mine aren't painful but more frequent and more uncomfortable than they were with my first. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All of this!!! Ive been having them since 19 weeks but theyre getting much more uncomfortable...especially in the bladder area!!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes mine are too!  Mine are now feeling like period cramps on and off.
    TTC since June 2010:  Blocked tubes due to Endo
    IVF July 2013

4/2 accepted into New Hope Fertility Clinical Trial in NYC 
    7/5 ET one blast transferred
    7/12 first beta 7dp5dt:  39  Pregnant!!!
    7/15 Beta: 146
    7/19 Beta: 935
    7/26 Beta: 14,671

• FTM and this is all super new to me.  But yes, they're definitely getting more uncomfortable.  And I'm noticing more period like feelings down there lately.  
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Mine too. They are only irritating during the day, but super lame at night!
  • Add me to the list. Not painful yet but very uncomfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine are definitely more noticeable and intense than they were a few weeks ago.
  • I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be feeling in BH...but I think they bother me the most in the evenings! When I start having the period like cramps, I drink a lot of water, and try to lay down if I can, or sit down if I'm at work. 
    In the evenings, I've noticed after I eat (no matter how much) that I feel like I'm going to pop any moment!! My stomach gets really tight, and it's really hard to breathe. At first, I just thought I was eating too much, but now, I just don't know!
    Mom of the year award over here! 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• I haven't had any BH contractions yet. My mom says that she never had them with either one of her pregnancies, so here's hoping that it don't either! I'm sorry you ladies are more uncomfortable than usual, that sucks!
  • Yep me too!!! Just uncomfortable for me at the moment & not painful as such. Again though, had them a lot later when pregnant with DS. These have started more noticeably around 25weeks ish. Now 29 & I seem to get more in the eve.... & yep feel like my bladder will pop!
  • Definitely, yes!
  • Mine have been pretty uncomfy lately.  Midwife told me at my appt today that baby is now head down, so that can make it a bit painful.
    Second this! Was told the exact same thing at my appointment today. Yay?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Last night at dinner I had 4 right in a row. Not too painful or anything just annoying and then I thought hmm that's kind of weird that they are so close together. But then they stopped. As a reward for dealing with them I had carrot cake...and most of DD's milkshake!
  • I'd say yes, because they're getting strong enough where I can recognize them (in my 29 & 30 week NST I had contractions show up on the monitor but they were so small I couldn't even detect them). Right now they just feel like period cramps. I have a hard time telling when they start and stop, it's just kind of a wave of pressure and then it's gone.

• Yep! Mine have been pretty painful, so much so that I was up Friday night timing them and breathing through them for 3 hours because I thought I was going into labor super early.  They were coming every 12 minutes for about an hour then back down to 18 minutes then I was getting them every 20 minutes.  They stopped at about 3 am.  Super Fun LOL.

I got them early with DS too, and the Doc told me that the farther along you get and the more painful they get is actually a good thing, as long as they are less than 6 in an hour and no fluid etc..  I got to the Hospital when I was in labor with him, and was already at 6 cm.  I had him 6 hours later, and it was a pretty easy labor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• yes I was just looking at info on TB about Braxton hicks because my back and belly hurt so much right now. I've only had a few BH so far, and they only lasted for 10 mins or so total. Right now I've been in fairly constant back pain and some front pain for the last hour or so :/ Feels like super strong cramps that randomly come and go. cramps in the front haven't been too bad but man, maybe it's just the way I sit at work but my back is killing me. nothing to indicate preterm labor, just whiny and really uncomfortable right now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not sure if I have been having any, but lately I've been getting period cramps that come and go. Sometimes my bet feels really hard but I'm not sure if that's BH? FTM problems.

• This is my third pregnancy and I'm not sure I've ever had Braxton hicks. It could just be that I'm a little der and don't realise, but that would be embarrassing!!!
  • I was just thinking when I was pregnant with my son I don't remember them being this bad. I remember they were annoying, but never really painful. This time though they are definitely more noticeable and getting worse as weeks pass.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yep. I noticed them sooner this time and they are definitely more uncomfortable. My OB isn't concerned as long as they aren't regular and/or painful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Yes, especially when I am at work. The other night I was working in the ER and I think I counted one ever half hour to an hour. We had a steady rate of patients, but I wasn't running around like crazy. Even though I walk regularly, I didn't realize that small increase in activity would irritate my ute so much. I guess I'm not as active as I thought.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The night before last, I had such an intense BH on my right side that it woke me up.  I thought I was in labor!  I got out of bed to use the bathroom and by the time I laid back down it was gone.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"