June 2013 Moms
Options

New Meal Monday

1. Did you make a new recipe last week? How did it go? (Or share an old favorite if you didn't make something new?)
2. What are you planning to try for this week?
3. GTKY: What's your favorite snack food?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: New Meal Monday

• Options

1. I did not make anything new this week. I did talk my husband and son into having one of those meals where we just graze and munch on all kinds of different foods.  I do this often but they don't. We had a platter of of sliced cucumber and carrots, sardines, crackers, genoa salami, cheese, etc.  It worked out well. 

2. I am not sure what I'm going to try this week. I'm open to suggestions. I'm thinking of throwing something into the crock pot. I haven't done that in ages.

3. I love to snack. I preffer salty/savory to sweet.  This morning I had a little bit of meat rolled up in wheat lavash bread with a slice of mango and lots of lettuce/arugula in there. I also threw in some nuts.  I am now 20 lbs below pre-baby weight, and trying to lose a few more plus maintain.

• Options
    I didn't cook much last week as I was busy at work and getting ready for our trip to FL to see my 1 week old niece.  But I cooked a pot of chili, (it's a modified version of this :https://allrecipes.com/recipe/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/), crockpot cilantro chicken (https://crockpotladies.com/recipe-categories/entrees/crockpot-cilantro-lime-chicken/) and bacon mac and cheese (old Barilla box recipe with nutmeg, paprika and bacon added) over the weekend while visiting them and froze all in individual portions so that my SIL and BIL have frozen meals they can eat after we leave.  
    Because we were out of town this weekend, I didn't get to go grocery shopping this weekend; so I may just pick up some pizza dough, cured meat (I like mix of hot sopressata and capicola), and smoked mozzarella for some quick pizzas for tomorrow and Wednesday. 
    Snackwise, I love anything sweet and salty.  I've gotten on these kettle popcorn chips in the past couple of weeks and I can't stop eating them.... 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I made this enchilada recipe. image
    It was really good. The only things I would change is to add a little hit sauce to the pumpkin sauce and to serve it with either sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.

2. This is what I am going to make this week. https://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/01/artichoke-chicken-skillet/
    I've made a couple of her recipes and have liked them.

3. I love popcorn! I got an air popper for a wedding present and love it!y favorite way to have it is with melted butter mixed with a little honey and a sprinkle of salt. Yum!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cricket81 said:
    1. I made this enchilada recipe. image It was really good. The only things I would change is to add a little hit sauce to the pumpkin sauce and to serve it with either sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. 2. This is what I am going to make this week. https://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/01/artichoke-chicken-skillet/ I've made a couple of her recipes and have liked them. 3. I love popcorn! I got an air popper for a wedding present and love it!y favorite way to have it is with melted butter mixed with a little honey and a sprinkle of salt. Yum!
    That artichoke chicken sounds yummy.

• Options

1. Made Paiche with coconut oil, salt + peper and a little lime, also made skillet popped lentils - both were awesome!

2. Haven't figured out what I should do this week.  Maybe something vegetarian that my husband and son will eat.

3. Right now I am a huge fan of apples with peanut butter.

• Options
    1. I made a beef tomato noodle soup. It turned out really well. I was surprised actually

2. I'm going to try a broccoli rice casserole I think.

3. I like fruit for snacks. Especially pineapple.
  • Options
    Here is one that I absolutely love. You can even make a few at a time and freeze them (uncooked).

Dijon Honey-Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Prep Time
    Cook Time
    Total Time

A twist on the classic glazed ham: Savory and Sweet Glazed Pork Tenderloin.
    Author:
    Recipe Type: Main Course
    Serves: 4
    Ingredients
    • 1.5-2 lb (680-907 g) Pork Tenderloin (Mine was 1.7 lbs)
    • ⅓ cup (65 g) Packed Brown Sugar
    • 1 TBS (15 ml) Dijon Mustard
    • 1 TBS (15 ml) White Vinegar
    • 1 TBS (15 ml) Honey
    • 1 TBS (15 ml) Maple Syrup
    • ½ (2 ml) tsp Black Pepper
    • ¼ (1 ml) tsp Allspice
    Instructions
    1. Rinse and pat dry pork tenderloin. Place into a large ziplock bag and set aside. Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve 3 TBS of the mixture and set aside. Pour remainder of mixture into the plastic bag over the pork. Push as much air out of the bag as you can and seal it. Make sure the mixture coats the pork thoroughly (using your hands to move the liquid inside of the bag). Allow to marinate for 12-24 hours (I usually do this the night before).
    2. Pull pork out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking. Preheat oven to 400º. Heat 1-2 TBS canola oil in a large oven-safe skillet (I used my cast iron) over medium high heat. Sear the pork on all sides (about 5 minutes in total).
    3. Place entire skillet into the oven and bake until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 150°F (about 15-20 minutes). Remove from oven and also remove pork from skillet and place onto a cutting board. Allow to rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing. Slice across the grain into half inch thick pieces and serve.

• Options
    BTW, I am loving this thread. I plan on trying the cheeseburger casserole and the artichoke chicken skillet. Thanks, ladies!
  • Options
    !. I made this https://www.food.com/recipe/danish-meatballs-with-creamy-dill-sauce-110710 and i really liked it!

2. I am still trying to figure something out for this week with the meat I have.  I may steal something from this thread! 

3. Oh man I am a BAD snacker lately. Chocolate chips, salt and vinegar chips and if we don't have those then I will go for fruit. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

• Options
    1. It was cold last week so I tried a new chicken tortilla soup recipe and dh made turkey chili (first time with turkey meat)

2. This week we are trying tandoori chicken from one of our favorite recipe blogs https://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/06/tandoori-chicken-bites/ we are going to put the chicken in pitas with the cucumber sauce.

3. Favorite snack lately is apples and peanut butter. Really anything with peanut butter :)
  • Options
    1. Yes. it was yummy! Pulled BBQ chicken (for sandwiches)
    2. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and will pick up some pork chops to make this Orange- Mustard glazed pork chops recipe from Cooking Light. 
    3. Pop tarts! DUH!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    1. I made chicken with grilled onions, mushrooms and chipotle. I had no idea what to make I kind off just threw everything on the pan. I also made a side of Mac n cheese with bacon and my hubby baked corn bread.
    2. Still wondering what to make next.
    3. Chips and sweets. If healthy grapes or straberries
  • Options
    1. I made that Skinnytaste Chicken Pot Pie soup last night!  It is a staple over here.  Honestly, I omit the mushrooms- I am not a huge fan, and most everything else I have on hand, so I am too lazy to go out just for mushrooms. 
    2. I have a bunch of stuff pinned to make next. Probably trying this Chicken Yakisoba next. 
    3. Clementines!  We are obsessed right now!

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"