February 2013 Moms
Options

Cakesters

Have any of you made a cream-cheese fondant before? I am planning to make a fondant to cover the boys' birthday cakes, and I really want to do it cream cheese flavoured. I found a few recipes that I could try, but I don't want to end up making a whole bunch to find the best... so these are my options: 

OR I can just make a normal fondant and add "cream cheese flavour extract" - but this would be last on the list since I can't imagine such a thing actually tasting right... 

Have any of you actually made a cream cheese fondant that turned out well??
image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

Re: Cakesters

• Options
    I've never made it but I'm curious to try it. The first recipe seems the best to me. Are you doing it for a smash cake though? Would fondant be harder for the babies to dig into? We are doing a Super mario party so I am going to make a Toadstool smash cake. I am not the most skilled decorator so I am nervous how it'll turn out.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, making smash cakes to look like baby alphabet blocks. I'm planning to roll it pretty thin... not too worried about them having trouble. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both of your cakes sound so cute! I've never made fondant myself, but I'm planning on making a strawberry cake with vanilla icing and pink sugar crystals in a polka dot pattern all over.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"