Dusting — The Bump
Eco-Friendly Family

Dusting

What do you use for dusting? I'm terrible allergic to dust and I'm having trouble finding non toxic dust solutions. I was considering getting the shark steam duster but its pricey. Does anyone have any experience with it or other recommendations?

Re: Dusting

• I just wet a rag and wipe it up like that. When its dry dust will spread into the air but when wet it all collects on the rag. Probably not much help but it is cheap and does the job
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried a microfiber cleaning cloth?  They are 10x more absorbent than standard cotton towels and lift dust, typically without any cleaning solution needed.  

You mention a steam duster.  Which surfaces are you trying to dust?
  • Loading the player...
  • emmany78 said:
    Have you tried a microfiber cleaning cloth?  They are 10x more absorbent than standard cotton towels and lift dust, typically without any cleaning solution needed.  

You mention a steam duster.  Which surfaces are you trying to dust?

I did try the microfiber cloth but I think maybe I got cheap ones because they don't work too well. I want to dust everything. Furniture, fans, etc. I looked up the steam cleaner last night and I'm thinking its probably not the best option now because there's a lot of surfaces I couldn't use it on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards