Military Families
Options

JBLM high risk

We are PCSing to JBLM next month, I'll be about 25 weeks when we arrive. I'm high risk and told they have a team for high risk patients, does anyone have experience with them? I would like any info about it and also about the US health care plan they have there, I think that's what it's called. How does it work for OB care if you switch to it? TIA
TTC#1 since Dec. 2010- 12/2011 Hyperthyroid with Grave's
10/2012= DX unexplained IF
IUI #2- 4/25/13- BFP 5/9/13- CP
IUI#4- 9/3/13- BFP 9/17/13- EDD 05/27/14
First ultrasound 10/8/13- 7weeks 130bpm
12/23/13 18 weeks 152bpm BABY GIRL!
Annabel Rose
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: JBLM high risk

• Options
    I don't know much about the US Health care as we are TriCare Prime and I haven't changed it. I do know that switching allows you to go off post for care but there can be co pays involved ect. After all the looking t it I did it seemed more of a hassle than its worth as there are very few off post drs I could find in the area that actually accept it. As far as the high risk team of OBs here I couldn't recommend them more! They have been amazing in helping us. And for the most part their bedside manner is great! If you can ask to see either Dr Nolan or Dr Le. They are the best 2 of the whole bunch. Dr Nolan delivered our son when he was still born at 23wks and did all of our follow up and Dr Le helped us through another loss and finally scheduled all of the testing and genetic panels on both the hubs & I afterwards! We are now 27wks along with our rainbow thanks to them! Although they no longer refer to it as a high risk team it now complicated OB or COB. I have felt with most of the OB Drs there over the last 3 yrs and honestly there is only 1 nurse practitioner in the whole office that I don't like. The only other advise I would give you is to make sure you are 15-20 mins early to check in otherwise you end up getting thrown out of order and wait longer.
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply! I'm planning on going to Madigan and giving it a try for sure, but if I don't feel like I'm getting adequate care I'll switch to standard. Just looking to get opinions on the OB there and have only found a couple of people who have been seen for high risk there. It's great to hear positive feedback about them! I'm sorry for your losses and hope you have a great last 13 week and a healthy baby!
    TTC#1 since Dec. 2010- 12/2011 Hyperthyroid with Grave's
    10/2012= DX unexplained IF
    IUI #2- 4/25/13- BFP 5/9/13- CP
    IUI#4- 9/3/13- BFP 9/17/13- EDD 05/27/14
    First ultrasound 10/8/13- 7weeks 130bpm
    12/23/13 18 weeks 152bpm BABY GIRL!
    Annabel Rose
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lived in the area for 10 yrs and my husband was stationed at JBLM. Madigan is a level 3 neonatal (highest you can get) BUT they are constantly full. In some months they will double up the rooms, which I didn't prefer.

Because Madigan is full, when i was pregnant with DS, Tricare let me deliver at Tacoma General. TG is an AMAZING AMAZING hospital and if I could deliver all my babies there I would.

GOOD LUCK. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"