January 2013 Moms

Can we talk first blankets?

Right now, DD just has two of those tiny AA security blankets in her crib. I am sure that we will get the green light for a blanket at her one year appointment but I can't make up my mind! I love the idea of a fleecy one but is crochet safer? What about quality? If she stuffs it in her mouth like she does her security ones I want a good one that won't fall apart. Anybody have good ones?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can we talk first blankets?

• DD has only had lovey dolls in her crib, she has 2 and only sometimes will hug one of them. I gave her a crocheted blanket yesterday for the first time during her naps and she kicked it right off. It isn't really cold enough, even with the air/fan on for her to need a blanket but even the crocheted one made me a bit nervous. I checked in on her like 5 times yesterday!
  • DD sleeps with her Swaddle Designs swaddle blankets. They're not very heavy but give her a little more warmth.

• Loading the player...
  • DS has been sleeping with a fleece blanket since around 6 months. It's big enough that when I lay it over him at night it covers his body from his neck down. I have an A&A swaddling blanket but I find that one to be a bit too big and he's able to roll himself into that one so I worry about strangulation with that one. The one he has he loves to cuddle when he first falls asleep. I will move him to something bigger or at least switch the blankets often so that he is attached to no particular blanket. I started giving it to him during naps first as it allowed me to monitor him. I also have an angel care monitor for night time so I am comfortable that the monitor will alert me if there's a problem.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dd's been sleeping with a fleecy one since she turned one. She usually kicks it off once she falls asleep but she likes to snuggle under it when I put her down. She has that and violet in her crib. I let her bring her favorite doll for naps but not for bed.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We bought the Aden & Anais dream blanket a couple months ago. I love it.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• DS has been sleeping with a minky blanket for several months now. He doesn't grab it or snuggle with it so I don't worry.

• MichieU79 said:

Jack has been using blankets probably since 6 months or so. He hated sleep sacks of all kinds. I started during naps so I could keep on eye on what he did with them and once i was comfortable that he wouldn't put them over his head I gave them to him at night. I have 2 thin soft cotton blankets that I use frequently, sometimes just one and other times I throw 2 on him. We also have crochet blanket that I throw on top of those 2 if it's really cold. Maybe because he has used them so long he keeps them on pretty much all night, and when he rolls they roll right with him.

This

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS love his blankys. There are a few in his bed actually. One that he won't go anywhere without. We started letting him sleep with a fleece one at about 7 months. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• We tried a blanket but DS moves around ALOT and usually he either gets tangled in it or it is in the way. So fleece Jammie's for us it is :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • DS has been using cotton blankets and crocheted blankets since about 6 months. I'd like to buy him a A&A dream blanket next. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I second the Aden and anais dream blanket. So cozy.
  • I've had a fleec blanket in her crib all winter. lol
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD loves to spread out and hated even swaddling from day 1. She's also tall, and stopped sleeping well when we put her in a sleep sack. We threw in the towel when she was 7mos and let her sleep with an a&a blanket. Now she uses the a&a and a fleece blanket.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • DD gets a crocheted blanket in her crib, though she usually kicks it off and it either ends up at the bottom end of her crib balled up or under her. She doesn't seem to care for it, but I worry about her getting cold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"