Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan and BJ City Versa?

Does anyone have any real experience with either of these strollers?  They each have some pros that I really like and some cons that are annoying, but I'm down to a decision between these two.  They're both new models, so it's hard to find a lot of user reviews besides a handful on Amazon.

My concerns with the two strollers are:

Mountain Buggy:  Seat back height is short at 17" (City Versa is 21.5" and UppaBaby Vista is 19").  DS #1 is very tall, and we expect DS #2 will be as well.  DS #1, who is 3 yrs 3 mos, was much too tall for the seat when we tried it out at a store today (although he won't ride in it).

City Versa:  The basket isn't as good, and you have to buy a separate bassinet (Mountain Buggy seat becomes a lie-flat bed).  Also, I don't love the car seat attachment on Baby Joggers for Graco car seats (we have a City Mini from DS #1 and a Graco Snugride and I never liked the car seat attachment).

Thanks!

Re: Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan and BJ City Versa?

• Options
    I have a versa, I love it, I think the basket is huge. If you want a bassinet I think they make their own or you can use the Britax one with the britax car seat adapters (or so I've been told).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the input! I went back to BBB today and spent some time with both strollers again. Def going with the City Versa. The Mountain Buggy seat was waaaay too short. If DS #2 is anything like DS #1, he will outgrow that seat before he is 2! Question for you... Does the seat fabric come off the frame for washing? I know the fabric on my City Mini does. Also, what color do you have? I am considering the silver but worried about it getting really dirty. Thanks again! Shoulda figured I would like the Versa, since I love my other two BJ strollers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have yet to try to take the fabric off, as the stroller is new, but I think you can order replacement covers for the seat so my guess is it is easy (as seems to be the trend for bj). I have black because it was on super sale, I also prefer black for resale. I am also excited for the new gt wheels that are coming out this spring, they sound great for a bit rougher terrain and winter weather!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I found the product manual on Baby Jogger's website, and yes, you can remove the seat fabric!  Yay!  I will probably also order the GT wheels when they're available, since I plan to head to our local lake, park, and pool club a lot while I'm on maternity leave this spring/summer.  Funny, the only color that is NOT on sale on Amazon right now is the black!  All of the other colors are on sale for $289, so I think I'm going to do the silver.  I saw it in the store and it's really nice-looking.  Just wanted to make sure I could clean it!  :-)  I'm confident this is going to be a good stroller - my City Mini and Summit XC have been rock stars with DS #1!
  • Options
    CK2MD said:
    I have the Versa too and love it. The basket is huge. I have the green. We used a Snap n Go for the first few months (which I hated) and didn't buy the Versa until LO was >6 months old, so I can't speak to the bassinet/carseat attachment question. We have washed the fabric twice without issue. FYI, all colors are on sale for $289 on albeebaby.com right now, which is a great price!
    I had a Snap N Go for DS1 as well, and while I loved the huge basket, I hated it in all other aspects.  This time we're getting a "real" stroller and a huge basket was one of the "must haves".  I initially assumed the basket on the Versa was going to be small, because the baskets on our other two BJ strollers were small and hard to access, but I was pleasantly surprised at how gigantic it was!  I was won over by the Versa after playing with it for a good half hour today.  Thanks for your input, and yes, I saw the $289 price on Amazon today as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"