September 2013 Moms
Options

Baby wearers

Talk to me about your preferences between wrapping or ring sling? I originally had a moby but with the stretchiness of it Soph really isn't a fan anymore these days. So I am thinking of getting a girasol but not sure if I want to get just the wrap or the sling. So I'd would love to hear your thoughts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 

Re: Baby wearers

• Options
    I have a size 2 girasol. I like it because I can tie it like a ring sling but also use other carries.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sling hurts my back, wrap doesn't. I will probably be wrapping LO until she's 13...it just works so well for us. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a Moby and was excited to use it but LO just screams every time I try to put him in it. He wants to see what is going on. I just gave up... :-/
  • Options
    I have a Beco Gemini. I can wear him facing me, facing out, on my hip, on my back (when he's old enough). I love it!
  • Options
    I love my boba wrap. It is stretchier than the Moby, but doesn't get stretched out (if that makes sense). I also have the Boba carrier that is like the Ergo. I have a Maya Wrap ring sling, but LO isn't a fan right now for long period use. She likes to sleep in the wrap, but definitely won't in the sling... She'll sit in the sling to look around, and it's more convenient for quick use, like running into the sore, than the wrap. So.. both have a purpose in our house!

• Options
    i loooove my maya wrap ring sling! stretchy jersey wraps were driving me crazy. the ring sling, when worn correctly, should not hurt. baby should be worn high enough to kiss the top of his/her head when tilting head down. there are definitely little tips here and there that help with making it easier to use the ring sling. my DH doesn't like it, he's all, i don't get this thing! i love it, though. so quick to put on and take off, baby's body conforms to yours, falls asleep right away in it, doubles as a nursing cover (u can nurse with baby IN it!), and it's stylish. :) i've been using it since LO was a newborn and he is now almost 4 months. 
  • Options
    I vote the ring sling. I have the moby and the infantino wrap like pp but also got a ring sling because all the others are so bulky. My ring sling fits easily in the diaper bag and is super easy to use. If I was doing something where I'd be wearing her ALL day (ie an amusement park) I'd probably use the infantino wrap but for most normal activities I love my ring sling and use it multiple times per day.
  • Options
    jesnic89 said:

We have a K'tan and love it, its comfortable and you can put baby into it several different ways. Plus its pretty easy to use.

This

4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• Options
    I should say, too, that if I had to choose just one, it would be the wrap. My LO spends a good chunk of time every day being worn, and the boba wrap is more comfortable for both of us.

• Options
    Thank guys. I feel like its a hard choice. It seems like both styles have their place. Sling seems easier for running errands, but a wrap seems better for spring/summer being outside on walks and such. such a hard choice. Maybe I can talk DH into getting one of each style ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Options
    I have a boba wrap and a boba carrier. I love both. The wrap is great for around the house but I prefer the carrier for outdoors and walking.
  • Options
    hmlynch84 said:

I have a Beco Gemini. I can wear him facing me, facing out, on my hip, on my back (when he's old enough). I love it!

Me too. DS likes to see what's going on so the front carry feature is good. I wear him on my side a lot too. I had an ergo from DS1 but DS2 wasn't a fan on facing backwards.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I made my ring sling and DD loves it. She doesn't like to face me completely in the moby, in the ring sling she can look around more but still face me if she gets overwhelmed.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    Thanks for posting! I have the K'Tan & have not really used it. It feels tight & makes me sweat! Going to look into another kind... Perhaps the one mentioned above.

• Options
    Love our moby. Haven't had any stretching out issues.
  • Options
    Woven wrap all the way, you can use them well until toddlerhood. I am still occasionally using my k'tan and moby as well, but those have a limited lifespan. Eventually all babies will just get too heavy for them and they are stretchy material so it will become unsafe. 

I know you weren't looking for structured carrier recs, but you just can't go wrong with an Ergo. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I have a maya ring sling and an ergo. I've used the maya since he was born but around 3.5 months he didn't want anything to do with it. He gets very upset if I put him in it and he does not get over it. We have stopped using the maya and started using the ergo. He really likes it now.
  • Options
    Woven wrap all the way, you can use them well until toddlerhood. I am still occasionally using my k'tan and moby as well, but those have a limited lifespan. Eventually all babies will just get too heavy for them and they are stretchy material so it will become unsafe. 

I know you weren't looking for structured carrier recs, but you just can't go wrong with an Ergo. 

Does the Ergo allow for front carrying with her facing out once LO has head and neck control?

• Options

Does the Ergo allow for front carrying with her facing out once LO has head and neck control?

Facing out is not recommended in general as it does not provide the right support. I think the Beco is the only structured carrier you can safely do it with.

• Options
    I feel that an Ergo, Tula, or other structured wrap is best. Well worth the money.
  • Options
    I like the ergo and my sling.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    My LO loves the ergo - I like the he can look around if he wants or snuggle. He liked the Moby more when he was in the infant hug hold but I like the ergo so much I haven't used the moby as much to give it a chance.

With ergo I'll be excited eventually to wear him on my back!
    DS1: 9/4/2013
    DS2: 10/23/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    VitaLuna said:

Facing out is not recommended in general as it does not provide the right support. I think the Beco is the only structured carrier you can safely do it with.

Thank you. I will check out the Beco. I was shopping yesterday and saw an organic Ergo new for $70. Wasn't sure if it was a good price and if I would love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"