Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Opinions on the Britax be ready?

So this is baby #3 for us DD will be 5 and DS with be 3 when this LO arrives... we have a joovy tandem stroller from when DS was born, which was great. But I've been loving the modular strollers, the ease of using a britax car seat, and I'll be honest, I just love the look of it... I would be using it primarily as a single and had looked at the be-agile but was not liking that it wasn't modular... that being said most other modular strollers are way more expensive and being as this is prob our last, not sure if it's worth the extra $$$...

So any opinions on the 2013 model of the be ready ( I'm looking at the moss color so pretty) or any other modular stroller recs

Thanks! :)

#1 DD June 2009
#2 DS July 2011
#3 DD June
CP December 2015
M/C 8/2016
Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

Re: Opinions on the Britax be ready?

• Options
    I bought this specifically because of all the seating options it had with it. I liked the b-agile because it was smaller & lighter, but I felt like long-term the b-ready was the better option. I also felt that the storage space underneath was larger than other strollers. My sister in law was with me when I looked at it (she has 2 kids w/a 3rd on the way) and agreed that the b-ready was the better stroller. She has a double stroller (BOB) & thought about selling it so she could buy the b-ready. 

Our first little one is still on the way, so I haven't used it yet, but I am definitely excited to do so! I also bought mine during the Amazon deal (buy stroller get car seat free) and buy buy baby price matched the deal & amazon's price for the stroller, so I got both for $370....it was quite the steal! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @cinciem I'm not too concerned about the heavy aspect, with DD1 I had a pretty bulky graco travel system. I like the options that comes with having a modular ( even for single use). I suppose questions would be if you feel the height of it would be good for myself and DH (5'10 and 6'2 respectively) Do you feel the newer wheels make for a sturdier and smoother ride?

Also is there anything you wish you had thought of / or could change about it now that you have and use it?

Do you think a different modular stroller would better fit my needs as as a single stroller?

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The height is very nice, the accessories are nice, I have the bassinet and second seats. The parent console is nice, I had to buy the uppa baby tray to use on it bc Britax doesn't make one. The basket is enormous, which is probably its best feature and it handles quite well.

The wheels changed in 2012. The new ones are very nice. It rides quite well. I think of it as a hybrid. It's not a jogging stroller, but it handles so much nicer than most typical strollers.

I'm a fan, but it is big as a single and doesn't fit in all stores etc. it's great as a luggage cart at the airport :)

Does the uppababy tray connect easily? or is their some sort of adaptor kit?

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016

• Options
    The baby jogger versa might be a good option if you like the ability of baby to face either you or the world. You can get adapters so the b safe clicks in just like on Britax strollers. You could easily add a glider board for the older kids as well. The versa is also less expensive, and narrower than the b ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"