2nd Trimester
Options

If you had awful MS 1st tri...

I am absolutely miserable and would love to hear if any of you had MS lighten up during your 1st tri.  I am only 6 weeks and can barely function.  I had awful MS with DD1, but I had no children to take care of back then, so I was able to just lay on the couch 24/7 and be miserable.  I am really just looking for some kind of hope!  Did anyone have awful MS at first and then it seemed to get a little bit better during 1st tri?  I can't wrap my mind around feeling this way for another 6+ weeks.

Re: If you had awful MS 1st tri...

• Options
    Mine didn't end till 14 weeks. So I was out for 8 weeks...it was horrible. Good luck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It depends. I had all day nausea from a week before my missed period till about 12 weeks. I had to ask my OB for nausea meds because it was too much for me to deal with. I have bouts of nausea now and then but nothing like before. However I know people who never get rid of the morning sickness. So fingers crossed it goes away for you but there's no set time frame. If its going to go away I've heard it will happen around 12-14 weeks.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was abt 14-15ish weeks before the nausea went completely away for me. Zofran was my best friend at that point. Hang in there! :)
  • Options
    I had all day nausea starting around 6 weeks and it didn't really go away until 13-14 weeks.  I was prescribed a generic of Zofran so that I could function and continue to work.  It wasn't a cure-all but definitely took the edge off and made everything much easier! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My morning sickness was horrible - sick every day all day long.  I took Zofran to help me function then tried to tough it out from wekk 9 on.  My MS completely went away once I hit the 2nd trimester.  I hope this is the case for you!  Hang in there!

• Options
    Like others, zofran was my best friend. It worked incredibly well for me. It did make me more tired than I would have liked, just a constant physically worn out feeling but it was significantly easier to deal with than the nausea and throwing up all the time. It mostly went away at 16 weeks for me. I still had the occasional sick feeling when I woke up until a few weeks ago but it wasn't so bad than a couple pieces of toast couldn't fix it.
    See about getting zofran and how it works for you!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Trying to stay positive!
  • Options
    Hang in there!! Mine started at 6 weeks and let up by 9 1/2 weeks. Maybe you will get an early break from nausea, too!
  • Options
    Mine ended around 16 weeks. Hang in there! On my worst days, zofran was a lifesaver!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in week 16 and it's just starting to get a little better. I had another md appt this week and am down over 10 lbs due to the nausea and vomiting. My doctor has given Zofran to take up to 6 times a day when needed and asked me to try Ensure or Boost shakes to help get some extra calories when I can tolerate them. Good luck. It'll be worth it in the end :)
  • Options
    Sorry I had morning sickness up until a few days ago. In fact I threw up more second tri than first.

It's a BOY

• Options
    Mine started at six weeks and is just easing up at almost 17 weeks. I took Zofran the whole time.
  • Options
    Mine didn't stop until last week. Some days are still pretty bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    P.S.  Zofran is a major contributor to constipation...stay hydrated if you take it and talk to your doc about Miralax ;)

• Options
    Mine ended around 16 weeks, but I did start Zofran around week 9 so I could function at work. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I hate to be negative Nancy, but for me it still isn't really over :(  I was full-blown miserable until like 15 weeks, and from then on it's been a come-and-go kind of thing.  I have a condition called hyperemesis, and I required IV therapy and anti-nausea meds.  Talk to your doctor- the extent of your sickness might not be "normal" and you might find relief in some meds.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    17 weeks. Still get nauseated though.
  • Options
    MS over at 15 weeks, but still have random episodes of nausea and vomiting, especially from motion. 

This may be TMI, but I puked on myself on the way to work the other day...this was at 23 weeks, now a little over 24.

Hang in there, it should definitely lighten up.  1st TM was the worst of it by far.  Good luck :-)
  • Options
    Mine didn't end until 20 weeks.  I had to get zofran so I could continue to work.
  • Options
    I had all day sickness from about 6 weeks to 15 weeks. Now it just comes and goes but it is not nearly as bad. Like PP said Zofran has helped a bit.

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I have an appt tomorrow, so I'll be sure to tell her all about how I've been feeling.
  • Options
    How bad is it? Have you lost 10% of your body weight? Are there ketones in your urine? Have you been hospitalized more than once for fluids?

The weight loss and ketones could mean you have hyperemesis gravidarium, or HG. I have it and still get sick daily. Seven weeks left, thank god.

Talk to your doctor about your MS and if you think you might have HG, check out helpher.

image image
  • Options
    Horrible nausea to where I basically stopped eating.  My doc put me on Diclegis after two new studies show slight miscarriage/birth defect risks with Zofran.  The stuff is like GOLD, I absolutely feel 1000% percent better and am now resuming a more normal eating pattern.  I still have some moments of nausea at 13 weeks, but compared to where I was?  No problem at all! Ask your doc for help, don't wait like I did! 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

• Options
    Mine was pretty bad and it subsided around 11 weeks.  I still had a little bit of food aversions and nausea, but the worst was definitely over.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Second pregnancy here! I was VERY sick from week 7 till 11. I threw up everyday. Minus a few. And on the days I didn't puke I dry heaved all day. The absolute worst was between 7-9. On top of puking everyday. I had non stop nausea. Gl to you! It will pass!
  • Options
    I am still suffering from at least one vomiting issue a day at 16 weeks.  I never had morning sickness with my first two and actually thought it was all in a person's head before I had it (eating my words now).  I am hoping it will settle in the coming weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain, my morning (all day) sickness started about week 8ish, I'd be sick in the morning, through out the day and night, when I was hungry and when I was full (had a lovely projectile incident!), and when i wasnt being sick i was dry heaving and retching instead.

After a late night call with an out of hours doctor, I was put on Cyclezine which is an anti sickness medication (thankfuly I don't feel the need to take them anymore), so ask you doctor about some meds. Also eat little and often, I had ginger biscuits for nausea, and plain bread sticks when I felt a little peckish.

I thought I'd never feel well again, and felt guilty because I hated being pregnant, but I'm week 13 now and I haven't been sick for almost a week now which is a record, I'm still feeling sick in the afternoons but a ginger biscuit sorts that out, and I'm struggling with fruit because it makes me gag but having fruit juices. Having said all that, I feel so much better now and I can go out in public again, and leave the house without taking a towel or sick bags!

It does get better, hang in other xxx
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kaysa2 said:
    I hate to be negative Nancy, but for me it still isn't really over :(  I was full-blown miserable until like 15 weeks, and from then on it's been a come-and-go kind of thing.  I have a condition called hyperemesis, and I required IV therapy and anti-nausea meds.  Talk to your doctor- the extent of your sickness might not be "normal" and you might find relief in some meds.
    Same for me, except we FINALLY managed to find a decent drug cocktail that made me able to function.

@MamaLlama14 - have you been over to the boards at helpher.org?
    @Kaysa2, I haven't- worth checking out?
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    kaysa2 said:
    Same for me, except we FINALLY managed to find a decent drug cocktail that made me able to function.

@MamaLlama14 - have you been over to the boards at helpher.org?
    @Kaysa2, I haven't- worth checking out?
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    I had pretty bad MS from week 4 till about week 14, it seemed like it lasted forever!  I am now almost 18 weeks and feel great!  Hopefully it will ease up for you soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"