Maryland Babies
Options

Howard County, MD OB recommendations

Hello, 

I am new to the board.  I am about 8 weeks pregnant and was just released from my RE to an OB.  My current OB is with the Signature OB/GYN groupbut my experiences there have left much to be desired.  I have been researching and reached out to various OBs in Howard County with mixed feelings.  I need to get an appointment soon, but would like to be comfortable with my choice.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Anyone to steer clear of is also welcomed.

Many Thanks.
C

Re: Howard County, MD OB recommendations

• Options
    I really liked the Johns Hopkins OB practice. Dr. Grundy delivered DD2 and I loved Dr. Kwong and Dr. Leak. I didn't have one doctor there I didn't care for. The staff was a little rough, but I learned who to be nice to and things I needed got done quickly. They are off Stevens Forest Rd.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    I also went to Hopkins OB. They have an office in Odenton and Columbia. I love all 6 of the doctors. Rojas and Turner were my favorites- but really all of them are fabulous and you'll see each of them throughout your pregnancy. I also came there from an RE around 8 weeks. Highly recommend!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered my twin daughters with Signature OB 5 years ago, back when it was Esposito, Meyer and Associates.  I *loved* Dr. Esposito, but he left the group, I guess when they made the change. I never cared much for the other OBs, but didn't have any real issues with them.  Easy to schedule appointments, good care (my girls were full-term and very healthy), just no real connections with most of the doctors.

I'm going to a practice in Crofton now (Chesapeake Womens Care) because we recently moved.  
    Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all.  I called John's Hopkins OB last week but they didn't have any openings until February 10.  I would be almost 12.5 weeks then and it would be tough to get in all of the 1st trimester testing.

• Options
    Wow that's a long wait! Was this for either office?! I bounce back and forth between the odenton and Columbia offices because the doctors do, too, and I can usually be pickier with appointment times.
  • Options
    I called back today and they got me in on 1/20.  I am happy as based on my experience calling the other OBs in the area, I feel Hopkins is  the best choice for me.  Thanks again all.
  • Options
    It is not in HoCo, but I just recently started care at Baltimore Washington Womens Center.  Their offices are in Hanover, across the street from Arundel Mills, so not very far.

They are a practice of midwives and so far I'm very impressed.  They are advocates for natural childbirth and have very low c-section rates.  They also great advocates for VBACs which is why I chose them.

A nice thing about them is that they have something called Centering Prenatal care where they are classes with other women rather than a quick OB visit.  I'm starting mine next month and I'm looking forward to it.  They serve dinner, do prenatal exercises, back massages, labor techniques... etc... So not your typical OB appointment.   These are in the evenings.

Give them a shot.  I'm very impressed thus far. 

My last experience was with Johns Hopkins.  There I felt like a number,  never saw the same doctor twice and when it came time for my labor, they didn't help me through labor as well as had hoped.  And I ended up having a c-section after pushing for so long with no luck.

Good luck to you, and congrats.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I called Johns Hopkins for my first prenatal appointment and they had to reschedule me twice, so I gave up and went elsewhere. Should I try again, though? Maybe that was a fluke.
  • Options
    Squiddly - Where did you end up going?  I hope they don't reschedule me because I had a heck of a time finally getting an appointment.
  • Options
    theophanutheophanu member
    edited January 2014
    I have my first appt. with the Hopkins OBs in Columbia tomorrow. I got my referral on 16 December, and I have no idea what my due date is (my LMP was in the summer), and that was the soonest they can see me. I'm a bit nervous because of how long it took them to see me; I'm likely around 11-12 weeks along right now. Here's hoping they are worth the wait. 
  • Options
    I really liked the women's ob/gyn group on Columbia.  There are 7 doctors there (of course my favorite and the one who delivered my LO left) but they were great.  I moved though, so I need to find a new one.
  • Options
    Dr Esposito is at capital women's care at maple lawn now
  • Options
    cwprimus said:
    Squiddly - Where did you end up going?  I hope they don't reschedule me because I had a heck of a time finally getting an appointment.
    I've been going to Womens OB-Gyn in Colubmia. I've really been thrilled with them. I had a CP back in November and they brought me in immediately when I called (I had already been to the ER where they had diagnosed the CP, so it wasn't like it was an emergency). I also had spotting VERY early with this pregnancy and they brought me in the same day for blood work. It's always busy there, so a bit hectic, but I've been pleased with everyone I've seen there.
  • Options
    @theophanu how did your appointment go?! Which of the six doctors did you see?! I am 38 weeks and I've been seeing them since I was 8 weeks. There are a few I like more than others, but overall I've had an excellent experience at Hopkins Ob. I go to both Odenton and Columbia offices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"