International Bumpies

Birth abroad/passport application

Anyone with experience with this...when it asks about time spent outside of the US, is that anytime outside the US, even if was only a weeklong trip for vacation?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Birth abroad/passport application

• Yes any time you left the USA
  • Ugh, that's wht I was afraid of...now to try and figure out all my travel dates :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When I filled out where I lived, I didn't include vacations. At the appointment they asked how long total I'd spent out of the country while I lived in the US. I said "about a year and a half" and that was fine.
  • I summarised some of it like 'London' when we were living there, even though we travelled around Europe, I figure they just wanted total dates out of USA. I didn't know dates for travel I did as a child, so just worried about what I could piece together from my passport. They wanted the details, not just a summary of how long
  • I think it all depends.  They wanted all of our vacations/holidays when we went.  But it seemed like this was not the case for everyone or it was a new rule or something.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also...did you translate birth documents yourself, or have someone translate them for you?
    We have out appointment Monday and just want to make sure we have everything set! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should be able to request an international birth certificate from the local authorities.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"