2nd Trimester
Options

How far along were you when others could feel the kicks? (Also question on strollers)

Right now I am 18 weeks and I can feel kicks. I had my mom feel and she could feel them as well but they are very very soft so, I think if I had my boyfriend try and feel them, he wouldn't know when the baby is kicking. When could your significant other, or friends, or who ever feel the kicks distinctly? 

Also since I'm already posting, may as well ask another question. What stroller do you recommend getting that worked well for you? First time momma, and we don't have a huge budget but if something is good quality I will definitely fork the money over for it.

Re: How far along were you when others could feel the kicks? (Also question on strollers)

• Options
    I don't remember when DH started feeling DS last time. I'm 20 weeks now and I just this week started feeling LO move around. I don't think anyone would be able to feel him on the outside yet.
    For DS we had a Graco travel system and loved it. We're still using the stroller part now (DS is 3 1/2). We're tossing around the idea of buying another travel system for DS #2.
  • Options

Right now I am 18 weeks and I can feel kicks. I had my mom feel and she could feel them as well but they are very very soft so, I think if I had my boyfriend try and feel them, he wouldn't know when the baby is kicking. When could your significant other, or friends, or who ever feel the kicks distinctly? 

Also since I'm already posting, may as well ask another question. What stroller do you recommend getting that worked well for you? First time momma, and we don't have a huge budget but if something is good quality I will definitely fork the money over for it.
    I started feeling kicks from the outside around 18 weeks with my first PG. Other family members could feel them too! And I would suggest getting a travel system. I really like the Eddie Bauer travel systems. It's somewhat cheaper than getting a stroller and a car seat separately.... gracos are nice too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So jealous... 16 weeks here, can't wait to feel something!
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I felt kicks for the first time at 18 weeks and DH could feel them within the week after that I think, though he says they are still pretty soft for the most part.
  • Options
    We felt from the outside the day before my 21 week mark.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a first time mom at 20 weeks, how do you know they're "kicks"? I usually feel movement before and after I eat so I don't know if it's the pressure on my colon or if its LO. DH has felt movement but we attributed it to digestive issues that I've been having. LOL I feel silly asking, but I really don't know!
  • Options
    I was feeling kicks around the end of 16 weeks, I remember the first time my husband felt him kick was right at 18 weeks! The look on his face was so sweet, he was excited.
    I'm also I ftm, so I'm reviewing carseats and strollers... But I was walking through target the other day and I found a nice Eddie Bauer travel system on clearance for $65... Originally $220. So I bought it and that's the one we're sticking with! I got it home and it seems so nice, and it's very light which I'm sure I'll quickly start to appreciate once he's born :-) Between her 3 boys, my sister had a wide variety of carseats and strollers and they were mostly all heavy and difficult to work with.. So we'll see about this one!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started feeling "for-sure" movement right around 18 weeks and I could feel them from the outside a few days later, and today at 19w1d my fiance was able to feel his first kick from the outside after about 20 minutes of holding his hand on my belly and me asking, "Did you feel that?"  - He caught one finally and said, "Whoa, I felt that!" before I could even ask.  It was such a sweet feeling to see his face :-)

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

• Options
    My baby just kicked for the first time last night! (I've been feeling movement, but not actual kicks) She was doing it a bunch of times in a row so I told DH to put his hand on my belly and press down and he felt it twice! I could also feel from the outside when I put my hand there too. I am 19 weeks. It was so cool! It probably won't happen again for awhile because her movements are still really sporadic. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    17 weeks or so. I can't really remember

It's a BOY

• Options
    DH felt DD at 15 weeks (second kiddo). I can't remember exactly when he felt DS, but I think it was around 19 weeks.
    I recommend travel systems as well. I have Graco, and love it. If you want an inexpensive stroller all by itself, you could try a used one. They're pretty easy to find through craigslist, or through mom organizations (Holistic Moms Network, MOPs, Moms Club, etc).
  • Options
    External kicks were 20-21 weeks!

I am going against the crowd and saying we HATED our travel system. This time around we'll be using a Chicco car seat and City Mini Stroller...I found the stroller on a very rare clearance sale at BRU and I cannot wait to use it!
  • Options

• Options
    I'm 22 weeks, and DH was able to feel a kick last week.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    Lisa&Mark said:
    External kicks were 20-21 weeks! I am going against the crowd and saying we HATED our travel system. This time around we'll be using a Chicco car seat and City Mini Stroller...I found the stroller on a very rare clearance sale at BRU and I cannot wait to use it!
    I am right there with you on the travel system....its not that i hated it but i never used the stroller that came with the system.  We bought a Chicco travel system for DD and with this baby i have to get a new car seat since that one is expired (DD is going to be 6 in the spring) i am just going to get another Chicco keyfit 30 and get the adapter to put it on my baby jogger summit series!! 
  • Options
    Im 20 weeks on Monday and still feeling nothing, in u/s the tech said he moves a lot so just waiting for it
  • Options
     I started feeling flutters at 16w but DH wasn't able to feel them until around 21 weeks
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I could feel them both inside and outside around 18 weeks. DH felt it for the first time on Christmas. When I lay still I can see it from the outside! :)
  • Options
    DH felt one at about 19 weeks, then nothing for a while. He's felt them regularly since about 21 weeks. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    DH was able to feel a couple kicks around 21 weeks, but feeling them outside hasn't been very consistent yet. LO was active last night but DH couldn't feel any of them.

We are going with the Britax B-Agile travel system. The 2014 is available for pre-order on Amazon, $250 for the red and $350 for the black. We had already picked red (it's my favorite color) so when we found the listing we jumped on it.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    khaalid00khaalid00 member
    edited January 2014
    First time mom and I started to feel a tickling sensation at 14-17 weeks randomly when I sat or lay still. About 18-20 weeks these tickling feeling feels more like thumps or bumps like soft muscle spasms that last some minutes. Sometimes on the left side and sometimes on the right side. I suspect its the baby hiccuping rather than kicks. I can feel it but not hard enough for my DH to feel unless he concentrate when I sit up and relax. Always happens 30 mins after I eat or drink sparkling water. Feel odd but cool at the same time. Baby is active now to notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"